|Deadline: October 18, 2018 (till 5p.m. Cairo Time)||Institution(s): University of Minnesota|
|Level of Study: Masters||Study in: USA|
The Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Masters Scholarship Program, 2018:
The Sawiris Foundation for Social Development is proud to launch the fourth round of the fully funded Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship Program for candidates seeking the degree of Masters of Development Practice (MDP) from the Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota, USA.
Through the program, candidates are provided with the necessary skills and knowledge through a multidisciplinary curriculum that will enable them to meet the challenges of sustainable development, including the spread of poverty and population growth, food insecurity and climate change, and the management of nonprofit projects and programs.
- Completion of a 50-credit academic master’s program in two academic years
- Completion of an 8-10 week mid-program summer field experience
- Employment in the development sector in Egypt following graduation for no less than two consecutive years
Two academic years.
The scholarship will cover:
- Full tuition.
- Living expenses.
- Travel and health insurance.
To be eligible for Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Masters Scholarship For the Egyptians at University of Minnesota,2019 ,applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Egyptian national.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a well reputed academic institution in a related field of study.
- Satisfy the entry requirements into the academic MDP program.
- Demonstrate excellent professional and academic track record.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills (extracurricular activities/community work/entrepreneurial initiative).
- Demonstrate the inability to finance studies from own resources.
- While no specific experience or academic track is required, students with a strong liberal arts education background and sound quantitative and analytical skills will be best prepared for academic success at the Humphrey School of Public Affairs.
- Previous coursework in mathematics, statistics, and economics is recommended.
- English language proficiency is required. Valid TOEFL or IELTS exam scores with a minimum of 600 (paper-based), 250 (computer-based), 100 (Internet-based, minimum 22 on each section) on the TOEFL, or 7 for the IELTS.
- A valid Graduate Record Exam (GRE) score is required. No specific score is required.
- HR letter from current employer including salary/salary slip or a bank statement in case of unemployment.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Copy of valid passport ID page.
- Updated resume.
- All undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) transcripts.
- One personal photo.
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important steps to avail this scholarship:
First Step: Completed scholarship application form.
Second Step: Completed Humphrey School of Public Affairs Academic application form HERE.