|Deadline: August 30, 2019||Institution(s): Wellcome, UK|
|Level of Study: Masters||Study in: Any Country.|
Wellcome International Masters Fellowships in Public Health 2020
Wellcome International Masters Fellowships offer the opportunities to study Master’s degree in public health to nationals of low and middle income countries. This scholarship allows Masters level programs in the field of Public Health, Tropical medicine taught at selected universities. Wellcome Master’s Fellowships in Public Health and Tropical Medicine 2019 are open for low income countries. The organization supports researchers, it takes on big health challenges, we campaign for better science, and it helps everyone get involved with science and health research. Wellcome exists to improve health by helping great ideas to thrive. It is a politically and financially independent foundation.
- Tropical medicine
- Public Health
30 months. 12 months taught Master’s course and 18 months research project.
Are you interested studying in USA? visit below links
- Yale University Scholarships in the USA
Wellcome International Masters Fellowships in Public Health provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- £120,000 including salary, studentship stipend, fees and research expenses.
To qualify for Wellcome International Masters Fellowships in Public Health, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: Nationals of a low- or middle-income country
- Your research proposal should be within our science remit and focus on a health priority in a low- or middle-income country.
- You have sponsorship from an eligible host organisation in a low- or middle-income country.
- You must hold a clinical or non-clinical undergraduate degree in a relevant subject
- You should be at an early stage in your career with limited research experience (but you must have demonstrated interest in, or aptitude for, research).
- When “Welcome” considers your application, they’ll look at the
- feasibility of your approach to solving these problems
- quality and importance of your research question(s)
- suitability of your choice of research environments
- suitability of the taught Master of Science (MSc) course you select – it should take place at a recognised centre of excellence and provide you with training that will complement your research project.
- Who can’t apply for Wellcome International Masters Fellowships?
You can’t apply if you’re:
- intending to be based in the UK, Republic of Ireland or another high-income country (although your taught course can be anywhere in the world).
- a researcher in India – instead see the Wellcome Trust/Department of Biotechnology India Alliance.
- planning to do a Master of Research (MRes)
- currently applying for another Wellcome Trust fellowship.
- Wellcome wouldn’t usually expect you to apply if you already have a Master’s.
- What’s expected of your host organisation
You must be based at an eligible host organisation in a low- or middle-income country for the research project. When your host organisation submits your application, they must agree to provide the space and resources you’ll need from the start date through to the end date of your award.
- Sponsor and supervisor
You should give careful thought to your choice of sponsor and supervisor. Your sponsor should:
- hold an established post for the duration of the fellowship.
- have an ongoing research program
- have a strong track record in research, training and mentor-ship.
- provide you with guidance during the application process and fellowship.
- Your sponsor should not expect you to spend more than eight hours a week on non-research activities (eg clinical duties, teaching or administration).
- Your sponsor’s support and mentor-ship should be part of a longer-term commitment to help you achieve your career aspirations.
- You should also identify a supervisor who will be responsible for the day-to-day supervision of your research project. We expect you to identify additional supervisors for each period that you spend outside your host organisation, including your taught course.
- You can nominate your sponsor as a supervisor, if appropriate.
How to Apply for Wellcome International Masters Fellowships in Public Health?
Please visit official website link given at the end. Here are some necessary steps to avail Wellcome International Masters Fellowships in Public Health:
- Submit your application through the Wellcome Trust Grant Tracker (WTGT)
- You must submit your application through Grant Tracker.
- Submit it to the ‘authorised organisational approver’ at your host organisation for approval. Make sure you leave enough time for the approver to review and submit your application before the deadline. The approver may ask you to make changes to your application.
- View the Sample full application form for International Master’s Fellowships.
- Host organisation reviews your application and submits it to Wellcome
Wellcome may take up to four months to consider your full application. Wellcome will let you know if you are not eligible.
- Scientific Review
The International Interview Committee will review your application and make the final decision. There are no interviews for these fellowships. If successful, you must take up the fellowship within one year of the award.
- USA Scholarships
- France Scholarships
- Germany Scholarships
- Italy Scholarships