|Deadline: December 1, 2018.||Institution(s): University of Newcastle|
|Level of Study: PhD.||Study in: Australia|
University Of New Castle PhD scholarship: Human Factors in Driving and Road Safety:
We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated PhD candidate to conduct research in the area of human factors and applied cognition on a full scholarship. A particular focus of the lab is human factors in driving, such as use of autonomous vehicles, road safety, hazard detection, distraction.
The successful candidate will be supported in their research progress by presenting at national and international conferences and institutions, and preparing materials for publication in academic journals, and applying for grants. The successful candidate will be encouraged to develop their academic leadership skills by cosupervising research students on topics consistent with the project, and engaging in teaching and service consistent with the role, The successful applicant will join a multidisciplinary team with significant resources such as a M300WS driving simulator, eye-tracking and other psychophysiological capability. The new Applied Psychology laboratory will be closely aligned with existing research teams within the University of Newcastle, including the Centre for Brain and Mental Health Research and the Hunter Medical Research Institute. Ranked within the top 150 Psychology Schools in the world, the School of Psychology is one of only 3 universities in Australia to be awarded an Excellence in Research Australia (ERA) rating of 5 for “performing above world standards” in Cognitive Sciences. The position is an excellent opportunity for an Early Career Academic to develop their independent research within an area aligned with the team.
Specializations for studying on this opportunity:
-Use of autonomous vehicles.
-Computer Science or Engineering.
The living allowance scholarship is for 3.5 years and the tuition fee scholarship is for 4 years.
- Scholarship Value: $27,082 p.a. (2018 rate) indexed annually.
- For a PhD candidate, the living allowance scholarship is for 3.5 years and the tuition fee scholarship is for 4 years.
- Scholarships also include up to $1,500 relocation allowance, if applicable.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES EXCEPT AUSTRALIA
To be eligible for PhD Scholarship to study Human Factors in Driving in Australia, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant should have satisfied all of the requirements for admission to the degree of Bachelor with Honours Class 1 or Honours Class II, Division 1 or any other degree approved for this purpose by the Assistant Dean (Research Training).
- Candidate shall have satisfied all of the requirements for admission to the degree of Bachelor in the University or any other degree approved for this purpose by the Assistant Dean (Research Training), and have achieved by subsequent work and study a standard recognised by the Assistant Dean (Research Training) as equivalent to at least Honours Class II, Division 1; or
- In exceptional cases submit evidence of possessing such other academic or professional qualifications and/or experience as may be approved by the Assistant Dean (Research Training) on the recommendation of the relevant School; or
- In the disciplines of education, medical physics, nursing, social work, social sciences and surgery you should have completed a minimum standard of professional experience as required by the Assistant Dean (Research Training) on the recommendation of the School; An Australian honours degree with Class 1 or Class 2 division 1. For international students, a four year bachelor degree including a significant research training component attained at a high standard, is commonly considered equivalent to an Australian honours degree;
- If you are from a non-English-speaking background, you need to satisfy the University’s English language requirements and ensure that you can provide evidence of your English proficiency if required.
- The candidate should hold an undergraduate degree in Psychology, Human Factors, Computer Science or Engineering.
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important steps to avail this scholarship:
First Step: You should prepare the following documents:
- Scanned copies of your academic transcripts.
- A brief statement of youir research interests.
- A proposal that specifically links you to the research project.
Second Step: Interested applicants should send an email expressing their interest with the documents mentioned above, to