|Deadline: July 15, 2019||Institution(s): TWAS-DBT Postgraduate Fellowship|
|Level of Study: Postgraduate||Study in: India|
TWAS-DBT Postgraduate Fellowship Programme:
TWAS-DBT Postgraduate Fellowships are tenable at key biotechnology research institutions in India for a period of up to five years.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Agricultural Sciences.
- Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology.
- Biological Systems and Organisms.
- Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences.
- Chemical Sciences.
- FULL-TIME Fellowships (for those not registered for a PhD): The Fellowship is granted for an initial period of up to 3 years. Such Fellowships may then be extended for a further 2 years, subject to the student’s performance.
- SANDWICH Fellowships (for those registered for a PhD in their home country): The Fellowship may be granted for a minimum period of 12 months and a maximum period of 2 years.
Are you interested studying in USA? visit below links:
- DBT will provide a monthly stipend to cover for living costs, food and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency. In addition, the fellowship holder will receive a house rent allowance.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES
Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- Be a maximum age of 35 years on 31 December of the application year.
- Be nationals of a developing country (other than India).
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in India or any developed country.
- Hold a Master’s or equivalent degree in science or engineering.
- For SANDWICH Fellowships, be registered PhD students in their home country and provide the “Registration and No Objection Certificate” from the HOME university (sample is included in the application form); OR
- For FULL-TIME Fellowships; be willing to register at a university in India.
- Be accepted at a biotechnology institution in India (see sample Acceptance Letter included in the application form). Requests for acceptance must be directed to the chosen host institution(s), and NOT to DBT.
a list of biotechnology institutes in India is available here
- Provide evidence of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English;
- Provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
- Not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- Be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important instructions to avail TWAS-DBT Postgraduate Fellowship:
Prepare the following documents:
- Acceptance Letter from an Indian biotechnology institution
- Provide evidence of proficiency in English.
- Reference letters must be SIGNED by the referee. The subject line must contain the name DBT/PG/ and the candidate’s surname. . Only signed reference letters can be accepted.
- For SANDWICH Fellowships (only if already registered for a PhD in the HOME country) applicants should ensure that the Vice-Chancellor or Registrar of the university sends a signed copy of the “Registration and No Objection Certificate” on institutional headed paper to TWAS (see sample form).
If you have applied to or availed any Indian fellowships (especially INSA JRD TATA and JNCASR-CICS)in the current or previous year this must be clearly specified in the application form.
- Results of the fellowship selection should be available toward the end of 2019 or early 2020, and selected candidates will be able to start their fellowship NO earlier than beginning of 2020.
• TWAS Fellowships Office
ICTP Campus, Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste, Italy
Phone: +39 040 2240-314
Fax: +39 040 224559
• Centre for Cooperation in Science and Technology
among Developing Societies (CCSTDS)
The Honorary Director
2, Gandhi Mandapam Road
Chennai 600 025, India
Phone: + 91 44 24430228, 24901367, 24419466
Fax: +91 44 24914543