|Deadline: October 15, 2018 to January 15, 2019.||Institution(s): Erasmus|
|Level of Study: Masters||Study in: Denmark, UK, Germany, France, and Italy|
Sustainable Tropical Forestry (SUTROFOR) Erasmus Scholarships 2018-2019:
The topic of sustainable tropical forestry is of global importance. Between one and two billion people depend on wood-based fuel; non-wood forest products and services are crucial to the livelihood of more than one billion poor people mainly in rural areas; timber is an important commodity for both the domestic economy and for export; and the citizens in developing countries are increasingly concerned with the fate of tropical forests. The potential for trees and forests to contribute to the sustainable development in tropical and subtropical countries is increasingly recognized and included in poverty alleviation strategies. This program is a joint master in five partner universities in ( Denmark, UK, Germany, France, and Italy) and a Joint Spring Module
This two-year Masters course in Sustainable Tropical Forestry (SUTROFOR) is a world-class programme with the objective of preparing qualified graduates to deal with the complex aspects of contemporary tropical forestry. The programme provides the students with:
A firm theoretical foundation.
Ability to function on the international scene, and openness to foreign cultures.
All competencies needed for working as a researcher or in tropical forest practices, e.g. development agencies, consultancies, NGOs, international organizations, ministries, governmental agencies, or district forest offices.
Specializations for studying on this opportunity:
- Agroforestry systems.
- Forests and livelihoods in developing countries.
- Tropical forest management.
- Environmental management and policies for tropical forests.
- Social and environmental responsibility in tropical forestry.
Following are the hist universities:
The scholarship covers:
- Contribution to the travel and installation costs. It is an incentive to help to cover the additional costs related to the issuing of visas, residence permits, etc. as well as the temporary accommodation needs upon arrival in the first Programme Country hosting HEI.
- 2000 EUR per year for travel costs + 1000 EUR for installation costs for scholarship holder resident of a Partner Country whose location is situated at less than 4.000 km from the EMMIC coordinating HEI.
- 3000 EUR per year for travel costs + 1000 EUR for installation costs for scholarship holder resident of a Partner Country whose location is situated at 4.000 km or more from the EMMIC coordinating HEI.
- Contribution to subsistence costs and must not be given to Partner Country Scholarship holders for the EMMC periods exceeding three months (indicatively the equivalent of 15 ECTS credits) spent in any Partner Country.
- 1000 EUR per month for the entire duration (120 ECTS)of the EMJMD study programme (24 months maximum).
French (if you choose it to be the studying language in France’s campus).
Local language (courses are available at all the partner institutions).
All world countries.
To be eligible for Fully Funded Master’s Scholarship with Erasmus, these points should be considered:
- If you have completed a bachelor’s degree or are enrolled in the final semester of a bachelor’s programme you are eligible to apply for the Master’s programme in Sustainable Tropical Forestry (SUTROFOR).
- You are required to document proficiency in English according to your background; see the language requirements.
- If you have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant area, e.g. forestry, agriculture, biology, geography, economics, you are directly academically qualified for admission to the MSc Programme.
The Faculty may also admit applicants who, after an individual academic assessment, are deemed to possess educational qualifications equivalent to those required above.
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important steps to avail this scholarship.
First Step: Create an application at the application portal.
Second Step: Upload the required documents, see the list.
Third Step: Follow your application on the website.
Fourth step: Check your application results, You will receive your application result via the application portal no later than 01 July. The result may come earlier, so it is important that you keep an eye out for messages.
Fifth step: Accept your offer of admission.
When you receive a message at the application portal, you will receive an email at the mail address you have registered with your application. Please be aware that emails from the application portal may end up in your spam filter.