|Deadline: October 20, 2019.||Institution(s): Stigler Center Journalists in Residence Program|
|Level of Study: Non-Degree Program||Study in: USA|
Stigler Center Journalists in Residence Program 2020
Journalists in Residence Program is open for international students who want to shape themselves to the next generation of leaders in business reporting. The Stigler Center Journalists in Residence Program, which was launched in March 2017, offers a transformative learning environment for up-and-coming reporters from around the globe operating in all press types. It is aimed at shaping the next generation of business reporting officials.
The program will take place on our Hyde Park campus over approximately 12 weeks, during which selected participants will audit classes, participate in events, work with peers, and socialize with the greatest scholars of the university. Participants at the Chicago Booth will choose their own courses. Examples of courses are The Firm and the Non-Market Environment with Professor Marianne Bertrand and Professor Luigi Zingales with Crony Capitalism.
Program participants are expected to:
- Audit 3 classes.
- Attend and actively participate in classes and complete all required readings and assignments.
- Participate in Stigler lectures, lunches, and social events as well as other events recommended by the center.
- Sign a letter of agreement with the center to indicate that the program guidelines and expectations are mutually agreed upon.
March 23, 2020 until June 13, 2020
Stigler Center Journalists in Residence Program provides the recipients with below benefits:
- Reimbursement for economy-class airfare to/from Chicago and SEVIS and visa application fees.
- A stipend of $12,000 to cover living expenses over the twelve-week program.
- World-class training in business fundamentals at Chicago Booth free of charge.
- Participation in seminars and workshops at Chicago Booth and across the university.
- Designated study space.
- Certificate of participation upon successful completion of program.
*Note that the stipend is subject to tax withholding of up to 14% for international participants. Please check your country’s tax treaty with the United States for more information.
To be eligible for 12-week Program for Journalists in Chicago, the USA 2020, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries.
- Working journalists who have some years of media experience.
- Proficient in English.
How to Apply for Stigler Center Journalists in Residence Program?
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important steps to avail this scholarship:
In order to be considered for the Spring 2020 Stigler Center Journalists in Residence Program, you must submit the following through our online application form:
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Three Published News Articles
Submit a copy of three published news articles, preferably in English. If the articles are not in English, a translation should be submitted along with the original articles.
For TV or radio journalists, please include links to your video/audio files in a PDF or Word document along with English transcriptions.
- 500 Word Personal Essay
An essay of about 500 words describing your interest in the program and what goals you hope to achieve through the program
- Proof of English Proficiency (if applicable)
Non-native English speakers must submit proof of English proficiency (waived if undergraduate or graduate degree was obtained in a college/university where English is the primary language of instruction or in an English-speaking country). Examples of proof of English proficiency include: