|Deadline: May 15, 2019||Institution(s): Shanghai Government|
|Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD||Study in: China|
Shanghai Government Scholarship SGS 2020
Shanghai Government Scholarship SGS is open to international students to undertake higher education at educational institutes in Shanghai China. Shanghai Government Scholarship (SGS) was started in 2006 with the objective to enhance the development of international student education in Shanghai and attract more and more brilliant international students. The study in Shanghai is a great Opportunity & SGS is offering Scholarships in China to Non-Chinese Students in Multiple Disciplines. A Wide range of fields Under Shanghai Scholarship philosophy, economics, law, education, literature, history, management, science, engineering, agriculture, medicine, and art.
Shanghai Government is offering Two Types of Scholarships. Type A (Full Scholarship) which includes Exempt from tuition fee, Accommodation on campus; provide comprehensive medical insurance & Monthly living expense. Type B (Partial scholarship). Full Details are given below. Applications are invited to Apply for the Shanghai Government Scholarship 2019 For Bachelors, Masters & Ph.D. Shanghai Government has opened its door for Full Scholarship in China to invite Students from all around the world to earn Bachelors, Masters & Ph.D. Degree on a Full Scholarship.
- Philosophy, economics, law, education, literature, history, management, science, engineering, agriculture, medicine, and art.
- Bachelor’s Degree Program: 4 to 5 years
- Master’s Degree Programs: 2 to 3 years
- Doctoral Degree Programs: 3 to 4 years
Shanghai Government Scholarship SGS 2019-2020 provides the recipient with two types of scholarships:
- Type A (Full Scholarship)
- Exempt From Full Tuition fee.
- Accommodation on campus
- Provide comprehensive medical insurance
- Monthly Living Expense:
- Doctoral program: CNY3500
- Graduate program: CNY3000
- Undergraduate program: CNY2500
- Type B (Partial Scholarship)
- Exempt from tuition fee, and provide comprehensive medical insurance.
To qualify for Shanghai Government Scholarship 2019-2020, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and in good health.
- Applicants for the pre-college program must have a high school diploma and be under 23.
- Applicants for the bachelor degree program must have a high school diploma and be under 25.
- Applicants for the master degree program must have a bachelor degree and be under 35.
- Applicants for the doctoral degree program must have a master degree and under 40.
- Students that have won the Chinese Government Scholarship or any scholarship offered by other organizations are not entitled to apply for SGS
How to Apply for Shanghai Government Scholarship?
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important instructions to avail Shanghai Government Scholarship:
- Submit SGS online application
- Applicant should register and apply online through http://study.edu.sh.gov.cn/ (the institutional code of ECNU is 10269). Submit online application and download the application form.
- Submit ECNU online application and pay application fee
- Applicant should register and apply online through http://lxsapply.ecnu.edu.cn/. Submit online application and pay application fee.
- After submit the online application, download and print out the application form. Mail two sets of hardcopy of application documents (1 set of originals and 1 set of photocopies) to the following address:
- International Student Office, East China Normal University
- ADD: Room 253, Physics Building, 3663 North Zhongshan Rd, Shanghai, China
- TEL: +86-21-62232013
- Documents required for Undergraduate Program:
- Application Form from http://study.edu.sh.gov.cn/
- Academic transcripts (notarized photocopy): Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Highest diploma (notarized photocopy):
- Graduating students should provide a certificate of impending graduation and a certificate of enrollment, and hand in diploma after graduation. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- A study or research plan. It must be in Chinese or in English and no less than 800words.
- Valid HSK certificate
- Applicants for Chinese-taught undergraduate program who have achieved HSK level 3 certificate, but not qualified for the Chinese level of the major can apply for a one-year Chinese language study.
- Additional application documents required by school:
- Applicants for School of Design should provide a self-introduction video and a short video about your works.
- Applicants for Fine Art major should provide your latest portfolio.
- Applicants for majors of Education or Music will have an interview.
- Photocopy of health certificate and blood test. Bring your original documents when entering China.
- Photocopy of passport, including all Chinese visa pages.
- Certificates of award in your high school (not mandatory).
- Applicants under 18 must provide a Guardian’s Letter of Guarantee. Samples can be downloaded from ECNU undergraudate program website.
- Application fee: 800 RMB (paid online).
- Application documents sent by email or fax are not accepted.
- Application with missing documents or failing to pay the application fee are not accepted.
- Application documents and application fee will not be returned whether the applicants are admitted by ECNU or not.
- If you choose to take TOEFL exam, you can send the result to ECNU directly on TOEFL exam system, by selecting the Institution code: C304.
- Pay attention to your email box or login in your ECNU online application account to check your application status.
Make sure your email address is correct and check your email box occasionally, otherwise you might miss some IMPORTANT INFORMATION, eg. the arrangement of interview etc.
- The result of your application will be announced both in your application account and on the bulletin of International Students’ Office website.
- Admitted students must bring the original graduation certificate and diploma to register on the dates listed on the admission letter. Your enrollment will be cancelled without providing the relevant certificates.