|Deadline: May 02, 2019||Institution(s): World Bank|
|Level of Study: PhD||Study in: Any Country|
Robert S. McNamara Phd Research Fellowships 2020
The World Bank Robert S. McNamara Fellowship Program is open for international students to pursue their Ph.D. program. The World Bank Robert S. McNamara Fellowship Program grants fellowships for PhD applicants from developing countries to undertake creative, development-related phd studies under the supervision of a study consultant at a partner organization overseas through a 6-10-month residency span. Your internship may take position at any university or research institution in a partner nation of the World Bank other than your citizenship nation and, where appropriate, other than a developing country where you presently live.
Doctoral research in development-related topics:
- Finance, Competitiveness And Innovation
- Governance, Policy Making And Management
- Macroeconomics, Trade And Investment
- Poverty Reduction And Equity/Shared Prosperity
- Health, Nutrition And Population
- Social Protection And Jobs
- Agriculture And Food
- Climate Change
- Social, Urban, Rural & Resilience
- Energy & Extractives
- Development In Context Of Fragility, Conflict And Violence
To know more visit the development topic page.
Robert S. McNamara Phd Research Fellowships 2020 provides the recipient with:
- up to $25,000 (U.S.) for developing country nationals to travel abroad to conduct development-related PhD research under the supervision of a host advisor at a university, research or development institution in a World Bank member country.
- Scholarship covers a 6 to 10 month period.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for a fellowship award:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: Nationals of a Bank member country eligible to receive World Bank financing
- Be a national of a World Bank member country that is eligible to receive World Bank financing
- Not be a dual citizen of any country that is not eligible to receive World Bank financing.
- Be enrolled at the time you submit your application in a PhD program in a World Bank member country that is eligible to receive World Bank financing.
- While enrolled in a PhD program, have been residing in a World Bank member country that is eligible to receive World Bank financing.
- Have completed all coursework and exams required by your PhD program at the time you submit your application.
- Be 35 years or younger on the Application Deadline date.
- On or after the date the call for RSMFP applications opens, not be an Executive Director, his/her alternate, and/or staff of any type of appointment (including temporary and consultant) of the World Bank Group (The World Bank, International Development Association, International Finance Corporation, Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency, and International Center for Settlements of Investment Disputes); nor be a close relative of the aforementioned by blood or adoption with the term “close relative” defined as: Mother, Father, Sister, Half-sister, Brother, Half-brother, Son, Daughter, Aunt, Uncle, Niece, or Nephew.
- Not previously been the recipient of a fellowship from RSMFP.
- At the time of the RSMFP application submission, be accepted as a visiting scholar for a period of six to ten months that will start sometime between September and December 2019 by a university or research institution in a World Bank member country other than your country of citizenship and, if applicable, other than a developing country in which you currently reside.
- At the time of your RSMFP application submission, your research proposal for RSMFP funding is endorsed by your PhD Thesis Supervisor and your Host Institution Research Advisor.
- Plan and be able to begin the RSMFP fellowship between September 2019 and November 2019.
- Plan and be able to complete your proposed RSMFP-funded fellowship research within a 6 to 10-month period from the start date of your RSMFP fellowship
How to Apply for Robert S. McNamara Phd Research Fellowships ?
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important instructions to avail this scholarship:
The RSMFP application must be completed online by the Application Deadline date and include:
- The completed application form
- An agreement to the terms and conditions for an RSMFP fellowship listed on the Application Form’s Signature Page;
- A completed recommendation form submitted online by the host university research advisor; and
- A completed recommendation form submitted online by the PhD Thesis supervisor.
All required documents must be uploaded online. Any documents an applicant provides by email, post or any means other than the online application form will not be reviewed.
To know more about Robert S. McNamara Phd Research Fellowships 2019, please visit official website: