|Deadline: July 31, 2019||Institution(s): Oxford University|
|Level of Study: Masters, PhD||Study in: UK|
Rhodes Global Scholarships 2020
The Rhodes Scholarship is offered to international students who intend to undertake postgraduate studies at Oxford University. The Rhodes scholarship is the most prestigious and oldest (first awarded in 1902) international scholarship program, enabling brilliant young people from around the world to study at the University of Oxford. A class of 100 Scholars is selected each year from over 60 countries around the world. A Rhodes Scholarship provides a personal stipend, all University and College fees, and one economy class airfare to Oxford at the start of the Scholarship, as well as an economy flight back to the student’s home country at the conclusion of the Scholarship. Rhodes Global Scholarship is seeking brilliant young leaders who are enthused to engage with global challenges and to support international understanding and peace.
Any full-time postgraduate degree (including the BA with senior status over two years) at the University of Oxford,
Rhodes Global Scholarships provide the recipient with:
- A living stipend (£15,144 per annum);
- All University and College fees;
- One economy class airfare to Oxford at the start of the scholarship and one economy flight back to the student’s home country at the conclusion of the scholarship.
- The University application fee;
- The tenure of the Scholarship is two years, subject always to satisfactory academic performance and personal conduct. Subject to an application process, the Scholarship may be extended for a third year for those who take a recognized route to the DPhil (PhD).
To qualify for Rhodes Global Scholarships, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Citizenship and residency: Each applicant must fulfill the citizenship and residency requirements of the Rhodes constituency for which they are applying.
- Education: All applicants must have achieved the completion of an honors bachelor’s degree by the October following election. As well, academic standing must be sufficiently high to ensure admission to the University of Oxford, which has very competitive entry requirements. In Canada, a GPA of minimum 3.75/4.0, or equivalent, is expected.
- Age: Age limits vary between constituencies and range from a minimum age limit of 18 to a maximum of 28 by October 1st of the year following selection. In most constituencies, the age limit is 24 or 25. Please check carefully the specific age requirements for your constituency before applying. Successful candidates will arrive at Oxford the October following the selection process. The Scholarship may not normally be deferred.
- Required Language: English
How to Apply for Rhodes Global Scholarships?
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important instructions to avail Rhodes Global Scholarships:
- The online application opens in June each year.
- All candidates for the Scholarship should read the information about the Scholarships applicable globally, and then proceed to their country-specific page.
- In broad terms, all constituencies will require the following materials in differing forms:
- Curriculum vitae/resumé or list of principal activities
- Evidence of academic record / transcript (complete or in progress) of undergraduate degree and any postgraduate study
- Personal statement or essay (including, crucially, a clear statement of what the applicant wishes to study at Oxford and why)
- English Language proficiency (where English is not the first language)
- Evidence of age / birth certificate / passport
- Six reference letters from appraisers who can attest in confidential references to the character and intellect of the applicant, including academic, personal, extra-curricular and leadership achievements (and who should never include people to whom you are related). Reference letters must be submitted with the other application materials to SGPS by the internal deadline.
- Applications (single PDF), including references and transcripts, must be submitted by 4:00pm EDT, July 31, 2019.
- Candidates are recommended for endorsement after a review of the applications by members of the university committee.
- The Committee selects successful candidates based on the merits of their application.
- Western will provide an official letter of endorsement directly to the appropriate regional selection board chair for each successful candidate.
To know more about Rhodes Global Scholarships, please visit official websites: