|Deadline: Throughout the year.||Institution(s): University of Bucharest|
|Level of Study: Fellowship for Young Researchers||Study in: Bucharest|
Research Institute of the University of Bucharest (ICUB)Fellowship for Young Researchers:
The Research Institute of the University of Bucharest is a newly established research institute, a research division of the University of Bucharest. Its mission is to promote excellence in research and to encourage international collaborations
The institute encourages international and interdisciplinary projects, offers grants and scholarships and is actively engaged in establishing, promoting and encouraging international collaborations among scholars, at all levels.
ICUB offers each year a number of fellowships for young researchers (max. 5 years since their PhD) in all the areas covered by its four divisions (humanities, social sciences, life sciences and exact sciences).
Specializations for studying on this opportunity:
- Earth, Environmental and Life Sciences
- Exact Sciences
- Social Sciences
Between 3 and 12 months
- Stipend: 2500 lei/ month (= approx. 560 euro, exempt from taxes).
- Awards may include travel expenses for fellows from abroad (the equivalent of one round air travel economy class) and a living allowance (up to 1200 lei/month).
- Fellows will be full members of the institute during their stay in Bucharest, will be able to use the institute’s infrastructure, and will take part in the academic life of ICUB.
- Fellows will benefit from logistic support in case they aim to apply for other grants and research programs.
- Fellows are expected to organize scientific events (workshops, conferences, symposia, etc.). ICUB will provide technical and logistic support for the organization.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES
To be eligible for University of Bucharest (ICUB)Fellowship for Young Researchers, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Candidates within five years from their PhD (at the time of application) who have already proven their ability to work successfully as independent researchers.
- For researchers holding two PhDs, the PhD relevant to the research field of the application will be taken into account.
- The fellowships are mainly addressed to candidates not holding a permanent position in research or higher education and it involves working full-time at the ICUB.
- Candidates who have a work contract with the University of Bucharest are not eligible.
- Candidates who have permanent positions in other institutions will have to provide an agreement from their institution stating the support for their research activity as ICUB fellows.
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, the following steps are required to avail this scholarship.
Prepare the following
- An application form;
- CV and list of publications.
- Copy of the PhD certificate.
- Sample writing (maximum 3 published articles/ papers/ patents);
- The name, e-mail address and phone numbers of three professors/scholars who can write letters of recommendation for the candidate , letters Must be sent 2 weeks after the submission of the application , if not the application is not eligible.
- The research project (maximum 5 pages; bibliography counts separately).
- For research projects involving experimental work or laboratory access, a preliminary agreement on behalf of the department chair or head of laboratory is needed.
- Applications should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com with attachments in pdf format.
- Evaluation will take about 3 months after having received the complete set of documents and it will be followed by a panel meeting. The panel meets twice a year, in April/ May and October/ November.