|Deadline: The Application is open throughout the year.||Institution(s): A*STAR|
|Level of Study: Post Doctoral Fellowship||Study in: Singapore|
A*STAR International Fellowship :
Our post-doctoral fellowships provide opportunities for advanced training at renowned institutions and laboratories to help you develop new scientific capabilities and conduct cutting-edge research in your field of specialisation. You’ll not only learn from the best minds but also build invaluable networks with the global research community through this international experience.
Expand your research experience, deepen your knowledge and form global connections that will advance your scientific career with the A*STAR International Fellowship. This scholarship fully funds your post-doctoral training at leading overseas laboratories. With this international exposure, you can connect with the global research community and build international networks. Upon completion your post-doctorate training, you will be embarking on an exciting career at an A*STAR research institute.Upon completion of the post-doctoral research training , scholars will return to Singapore and contribute A*STAR’s Research Institute for three (3) years.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Chemicals, materials and energy
- Food, nutrition & consumer care
- Pharmaceuticals & biologics
- Medical technology
- Infocomms (infocommunications)
- Upon completion of the post-doctoral research training, scholars will return to Singapore and contribute A*STAR’s Research Institute for three (3) years.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
To be eligible for Post-doctoral Research Training in Singapore in Science and Technology 2018, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Non-Singaporeans are required to have obtained Singapore citizenship prior to the commencement of the fellowship.
- Have completed a PhD within the last 4 years.
- Possess excellent publication records.
- Not have existing bonds to any institution.
- Have applied or be applying for a relevant post-doctoral position at a top overseas university/laboratory.
- Applicants in the final stages of their PhD may apply for the AIF. However, their AIF award is confirmed only upon conferment of their PhD degree.
- As AIF awardees are required to serve in an A*STAR Research Institute after their post-doctoral training, AIF applicants should identify the relevant Research Institute in which they will work during their service commitment period, and engage the Research Institute Executive Director and prospective supervisor prior to their AIF application.
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important steps to avail this scholarship:
First Step: Sign Up ” Create your own account”, then Enter your e-mail and Password, You will see the online application form.
Second Step: Fill in the required application, then Submit.
Third Step: After you have submitted all the required documents, your application will be reviewed and you may be requested to provide more information while we assess your application. If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to attend psychometric test/s and at least two rounds of interviews.
Please note for the interview: You will be given 15 minutes to present your proposed research project. This is followed by 15 minutes of Q&A.
If you qualify for the next interview round(s): you will need to seek endorsement from your proposed A*STAR Research Institute Supervisor and Executive Director for you to serve the 1-year service commitment period at that Research Institute after the post-doctoral training under the AIF.