|Deadline: December 6, 2018||Institution(s): The International Max Planck Research School|
|Level of Study: Doctoral||Study in: Germany.|
International Max Planck Research School for Cell, Developmental and Systems Biology:
A PhD PROGRAM FOR FUTURE LEADERS IN SCIENCE
The International Max Planck Research School for Cell, Developmental, and Systems Biology trains talented young researchers seeking a doctoral degree, Housed at three sites in Dresden, integrating Biology, Physics, Chemistry and Computer Science and working with top scientists from over 50 nations to ask: How do cells form tissues and organisms?
Our PhD students show tremendous passion for cross-disciplinary science and pursue new directions in research.
In The International Max Planck Research School We seek applications from talented and creative young scientists who are curious by nature and hunger for new solutions under our research mission. Successful candidates possess a burning ambition to shape the future of science and the ability to thrive in a highly competitive, interdisciplinary environment. and,
We expect truly excellent prior academic performance and research experience. Successful candidates exhibit potential to conduct challenging, top-notch research towards a PhD degree.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Computer science
- Life Sciences
- Applied Mathematics
PhD students receive a paid contract as well as health insurance, pension contribution, and other benefits, with no tuition costs and low cost of living. The approximate net income per month is EUR 1,450.
We recommend including TOEFL or IELTS results with your application if available.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES
To be eligible for PhD Program for Future Leaders In Science in Germany, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Admission is based solely on prior scientific qualifications and future potential. This ensures the recruitment of only the highest qualified candidates in a fair and transparent manner.
- you must hold a university degree or have a scheduled graduation date before starting your thesis work.
- Distinctive proficiency in textbook scientific knowledge is essential. Enthusiasm and collegiality are also vital.
- Applicants must hold, or anticipate receiving, a Master’s Degree in Life Sciences, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Physics, Applied Mathematics, or Engineering before taking up PhD thesis work. Applicants holding an excellent BSc degree are also welcome to apply, given that independent research and a written thesis is part of the curriculum.
- As English is the working language of the program, applicants should demonstrate a high level of spoken and written English proficiency. We recommend including TOEFL or IELTS results with your application if available.
- Candidates previously affiliated with an IMPRS group for more than 3 months are considered “internal candidates”. In general, internal candidates are eligible for admission. They may join a research group for PhD thesis work if the previous affiliation with this group did not exceed 12 months.
- Internal candidates must demonstrate outstanding performance and the highest potential in order to be invited for interviews.
- Completed eligible applications will proceed to evaluation. The first evaluation takes into account the applicants’ national education system, and is carried out by internal experts of the respective educational system.
- Additionally, we may conduct phone or Skype interviews during the evaluation process. Qualified applications are recommended to faculty members for further assessment. They jointly short-list the candidates to be invited for the interview week in Dresden.
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important steps to avail this scholarship:
First Step: Get yourself an account in order to start your registration from here. Access details will be sent to your email address.
Second Step: Login to our application system, fill out your personal and contact information and name two referees.
Third Step: Give details about your CV, education, scientific research experience as well as your interests and motivation, and upload supporting documents.