|Deadline: September 30, 2019
|Level of Study: PhD||Study in: Basel, Switzerland|
BIS PhD Fellowship Program 2020 (Monetary & Economic Department)
BIS PhD Fellowship Program invites applications from international students who intend to undertake doctoral research at BIS, Switzerland. This fellowship gives you the chance to work in an international financial institution at the junction of research and policy, working alongside skilled economists and research analysts. This program will provide practical knowledge in support of central banks and other financial institutions and contribute to high-level conferences and BIS publications.
- Monetary and Economics
BIS PhD Fellowship Program 2020 provides the recipients with the following benefits:
- Pension: A defined benefit pension system is in place. For staff leaving the Bank before being eligible for a BIS pension, a lump-sum indemnity is paid irrespective of the length of their employment at the Bank.
- Competitive salary: The Bank’s salary system seeks to facilitate the attraction, retention and motivation of high-quality staff. The Bank’s salaries are targeted to be above the average salary in similar organisations, net of tax and after taking into account any relevant differences in cost of living. In addition, the BIS offers a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Health insurance: We have comprehensive health and accident insurance. The cover under this plan is worldwide and covers not only staff, but also their dependent family members.
- Work and life balance: We support staff in achieving a healthy work and life balance by offering family leave and flexible work arrangements. We also provide access to sports and leisure facilities.
- Family allowances: To support those staff with a family, the BIS also offers a number of allowances. This includes the partial reimbursement of childcare costs for children under school age.
- Additional support for foreign nationals joining from abroad: We recognize that international job mobility comes with particular challenges and costs. Therefore the Bank provides a range of allowances to support your integration, including:
- Relocation and settling services: Together with our relocation partner, we offer comprehensive assistance at all stages of your relocation, including covering your removal expenses. Further, you will be supported in finding suitable housing, and in gaining familiarity with your new surroundings.
- Schooling: Relocating your children at any phase in their education is a significant step, so choosing the right school is one of the most important decisions a family has to make when relocating. Switzerland’s free public school system enjoys an excellent reputation. Although the curriculum is generally German-based, great effort is made to integrate children with different mother tongues. In case you opt for one of the international schools in the Basel region, we reimburse an important portion of tuition fees for eligible staff.
- Partner support program: We recognize that this will also be a very important move for your partner. An orientation program is offered to partners with the aim of helping them to find employment and integrate locally. Basel is home to the headquarters of several global pharmaceutical companies that also hire internationally. Commuting to a job in Zurich, Switzerland’s principal financial center, is also possible, with the journey being about one hour. Depending on your partner’s profession, this may open up a range of opportunities.
- Visa and permits: We will support you and your family in the process of applying for your work and residency permits as necessary.
To be eligible for BIS PhD Fellowship Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Excellent knowledge of financial and monetary economics, with specialization in topics relevant to the BIS research agenda
- Enrollment in a PhD program in economics, finance or related fields
- Experience in conducting research in relevant fields
- Ability to apply tools used in economic analysis to a range of topics
How to Apply for BIS PhD Fellowship Program?
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important steps to avail BIS PhD Fellowship Program:
- Visit this link
- Register because your email address will be used as your login name allowing you to return to our website update your profile.
- Fill all others information and submit the application.
To know more about BIS PhD Fellowship Program, please visit official website: