|Deadline: July 31, 2019.||Institution(s): Stanford University, The University of Chicago, Harvard University, The University of Pennsylvania.|
|Level of Study: Undergraduate||Study in: USA|
Onsi Sawiris Undergraduate Scholarship Program USA 2020:
The Onsi Sawiris Scholarships will be awarded based on character and merit as demonstrated through academic excellence, extracurricular activities, and entrepreneurial initiative. The scholarships include full tuition, a living allowance, travel and health insurance. Scholarship recipients will also be given the option of an internship position within the company.
Preference will be given to candidates who have not lived, worked, or studied abroad for a significant period of time. The Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program is only granted to these universities: Stanford University, The University of Chicago, Harvard University, and The University of Pennsylvania.
Specializations for studying on this opportunity:
- Political Science
It depends on the program that you have chosen.
The scholarship covers full tuition, a living allowance, travel and health insurance.
To be eligible for Onsi Sawiris Undergraduate Scholarship Program, you must:
- Be planning to start their studies in the U.S.A in the year 2019.
- Be Egyptian nationals, who are residents of Egypt (preference will not be given to dual nationality applicants).
- Have not lived more than 3 years abroad.
- Be committed to coming back to Egypt for two years directly after the successful completion of their bachelor’s degree.
- GPA 3.5 / 90% in Thanaweyya Amma certification (Secondary year) or equivalent certificates
- iBT TOEFL: 100 or above
- Minimum SAT I Score:
- Old SAT (before May 2016): Overall: 2100 Reading: 700 Math: 700 Writing: 700
- New SAT (after May 2016): Overall: 1450 Evidence-Based Reading and Writing: 730 Math: 730
- OR SAT II in 3 subjects: 600 or above.
- have some Extracurricular Activities.
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are some necessary steps to avail this scholarship.
- First Step: Create an account on Amideast website from here.
- Second Step: Fill all personal data.
- Third Step: Fill all your educational details.
- Fourth Step: Answer these 2 questions on Statement of Purpose section:
- Q1: Considering personal, local, and national concerns as these relate to your future; how would you be able to achieve success on these different levels by attending the university that you wish to apply for? Write a 500-word essay to discuss. Please keep in mind that the essay is an essential part of your application.
- Q2: What are you passionate about? How have you pursued your passions throughout your life? Your essay should be 350 typed words. Please keep in mind that the essay is an essential part of your application.
- Fifth Step: Attach these files on attachments section:
- Application form
- Copy of test scores (SAT I / or SAT II) & IBT TOEFL
- Copy of transcripts
- Copy of graduation certificate or Thanaweyya Amma certificate (if available)
- Two recommendation letters
- Sixth Step: Submit your application.