|Deadline: July 31st, 2019.||Institution(s): Orascom Construction.|
|Level of Study: Masters||Study in: USA|
Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program USA 2019-2020 (Fully Funded):
The Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program wants to help you to earn a master’s degree at one of the top universities in the United States in the field of Business Administration or Engineering. The Onsi Sawiris Scholarship is a private merit-based scholarship program established in 2000 by Orascom Construction as part of the company’s commitment to promoting excellence and achievement. Orascom Construction launched the Onsi Sawiris Program in the year 2000 to invest company resources in educational programs to improve the communities in which it operates.
This program is a precedent in Egypt for private sector involvement in educational programs on a sustainable basis. The aim of which is to facilitate the academic development and character building of young Egyptians giving them the tools to develop their careers hence benefiting their communities in which they live.
Specializations for studying on this opportunity:
- Business Administration
Depends on the program
The scholarship covers full tuition, a living allowance, travel and health insurance.
· Plan on pursuing their master’s degree at one of the top universities in the United States in the field of Business Administration or Engineering.
· Be Egyptian nationals, who are residents of Egypt (preference will be given to non-holders of dual nationality).
· Be committed to return to Egypt for two years directly after completing their bachelor’s degree.
· Have not lived more than 3 years abroad.
· GPA : 3.5 / Very Good or above (Overall grade)
· TOEFL: iBT: 100 or above
· MBA – GMAT: 650 or above (taken within 5 years)
· MA in Engineering:
– Old GRE scores are no longer acceptable.
– New GRE scores: Minimum acceptable
– Overall: 302
– Analytical Writing: 4.5
· Extracurricular Activities Have been involved or are currently involved in extracurricular activities.
· A minimum of three years working experience.
· Fields of Study: Engineering, Business Administration, and Construction management.
· Candidates who already have one Master’s degree from a foreign university, or who have an Egyptian Master’s degree in the same field they are applying for will not be considered.
· Candidates with an Egyptian Master’s degree in a technical field different from the one that they’re applying for will be considered.
· Preference will be given to candidates who have not lived, worked, or studied abroad for a significant period of time.
· Selection as a nominee for the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program does not guarantee university acceptance. Applicants will be supported in applying for the below approved universities only. If nominated for the scholarship; the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program award will be made once university acceptance is obtained.
· The Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program is only granted to the list of endorsed universities.
· Application form: Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Graduate application.
· Copy of test scores (TOEFL – iBT / GRE or GMAT).
· Copy of transcripts.
· Copy of graduation certificate.
· Two recommendation letters.
· For E-mail inquiries regarding the scholarship: OSSP@amideast.org or contact AMIDEAST on 19263.
Related Scholarships: USA Scholarships