|Deadline: June 01, 2019||Institution(s): The Katholieke Universiteit Leuven|
|Level of Study: Masters||Study in: Belgium|
KU Leuven Masters Scholarships 2020
KU Leuven Masters Scholarships are fully funded scholarships and are open to international students from all over the world to pursue masters degree at The Katholieke Universiteit Leuven Belgium. KU Leuven was founded in 1425 and has been a center of learning for almost six centuries. Today, it is Belgium’s highest-ranked university as well as one of the oldest and most renowned universities in Europe. KU Leuven offers high-quality academic education to its students at a widespread level.
The deadline to apply for this scholarship are following:
- 1 March 2019 (for all students applying for an Erasmus+ scholarship)
- 1 March 2019 (for non-EEA citizens on self-paying basis)
- 1 June 2019 (for EEA citizens on self-paying basis)
- Master of Physics
- Master of Chemistry
- Master of Geography
- Master of Statistics
KU Leuven Masters Scholarships 2020 provides the recipient with:
- The amount of the scholarship can be up to 10,000 Euro for 1 year. The Board of the Science@Leuven Fund will decide exactly how much a scholarship will be. The scholarship will always cover the tuition fee for 1 year, the insurance and a basic health insurance coverage. The amount awarded for living expenses can vary.
- If a student is awarded the full scholarship of 10.000 Euro, it is still advisable to bring some extra money.
- Most master programs of the Faculty of Science are two-year programs. The scholarship for the second master year will only be continued on the condition that the student had outstanding results the first master year.
To qualify for KU Leuven Masters Scholarships 2020, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
Required Languages: English (TOEFL minimum score of 94 or IELTS minimum score 7).
Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- The applicants have a bachelor degree from a foreign university that gives them access to the master program they are applying for.
- The applicants have not studied or worked at the University of Leuven before.
- The applicants have not yet acquired a master degree or a Ph.D.
- The applicants show strong motivation to follow a master program at the Faculty of Science of the KU Leuven.
- The applicants can prove excellent study results during their former training.
- The applicants are willing to act as an ambassador for the program.
- The students that have been awarded a scholarship will be asked to sign a contract that stipulates the conditions of acceptance.
How to Apply for KU Leuven Masters Scholarships 2020?
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important instructions to avail KU Leuven Masters Scholarships 2020:
- Apply for the master program of your choice through the application tool of the KU Leuven. Please read the application instructions carefully.
- Upload the following information via the KU Leuven application tool:
- Provide a short (about one half to one page) description according to the standard guidelines for an ECTS-study guide for the courses that you deem most relevant for the master that you are considering.
- A complete list of course titles for which you have obtained a credit. Indicate the course size (in ECTS-credits) and the result you obtained, preferably according to the ECTS-scale; if a different scale is used, please provide a summary explanation on the meaning of the scores.
- A letter of motivation for the program.
- Two reference letters of internationally renowned professors.
- When you have completed and submitted your application for the master’s program, you will get a message on the screen that you successfully submitted the application.
- Take a screen shot of this message. You will have to upload the screenshot when you register for the Science@Leuven Scholarship.
- Apply for the Science@Leuven Scholarship via this link.
- Your registration is complete after you have received an email stating that you have been registered for the Science@Leuven Scholarship.
- You can apply for the scholarship immediately after you have applied for a certain program, you do not need to wait until you are accepted by the master’s program. However your application for the scholarship will not be considered when it is clear that you will not be accepted for the master’s program.