|Deadline: May 30, 2019||Institution(s): Jordan Binational Fulbright Commission|
|Level of Study: PhD||Study in: USA.|
King Hussein Memorial Fulbright Student Scholarship USA 2020-2021:
This scholarship program is intended for a maximum of a 4-year full-time study towards a PhD degree in Conflict Resolution and its practical applications in a variety of academic disciplines
In 1999, the Binational Fulbright Commission in Jordan established the King Hussein Memorial Fulbright Scholarship Program in Conflict Resolution Studies in recognition of His Late Majesty’s significant contributions as a peacemaker.
To know more click here.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Political Science
- International Relations
- Social Sciences
- Public Administration
- Civic Education
- Religious Studies
- Government Studies
- Anthropology Studies
- Refugee Studies
All expenses are funded
(travel tuition, books, health insurance, and room and board).
– You must have a proven command of English in order to carry-out high-level scholarly work. Preferably, an English proficiency score report should be submitted: TOEFL (iBT) or IELTS- Academic.
To qualify for King Hussein Memorial Fulbright Student Scholarship USA 2020-2021, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- You must be a Jordanian citizen residing, living, working or studying in Jordan.
- You must hold a Master’s degree in one of the disciplines mentioned above, from a university recognized by the Jordanian Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
- You must have transcripts that demonstrate consistent academic performance suitable for graduate-level study in the U.S.
- You must have 2 to 3 years of related professional or academic experience.
- You must have GRE score report which qualifies you for graduate study in the United States.
- You should be representative and responsible citizens who can contribute to mutual understanding between the people of the United States and Jordan.
- You should demonstrate the cross-cultural sensitivity and flexibility needed to adjust successfully to life in the United States.
NOTE: you aren’t eligible if:
- You currently study, reside, or work in the U.S. or abroad.
- You apply for or hold permanent residence in the United States.
- You are a citizen of both Jordan and the United States.
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important instructions to avail this scholarship:
First Step: Prepare the following documents:
- A personal essay, explaining why you want to study in America.
- Your CV/resume
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Report on proficiency in English.
- Transcripts of your academic record (all available transcripts and diplomas from post-secondary institutions you have attended).
- Scores of the TOEFL and GRE exams (GMAT in the case of business).
- Study/Research Objective
-Write a clear and detailed description of your study/research objectives, and give your reasons for wanting to pursue them․-Be specific about your major field and your specialized interests within this field․-Describe the kind of program you expect to undertake, and explain how your study plan fits in with your previous training and your future objectives․-Do not mention specific U․S․ universities at which you would like to study․
Second Step: complete an on-line application form which includes the mentioned documents and a variety of personal information.
– When registering for the GRE and TOEFL standardized exams, it is important to add the following institutional codes (DI):
- Fulbright – Jordan: 8293
- AMIDEAST – Washington: 5027
– When registering for the IELTS- Academic examination: The official IELTS-Academic score reports should be delivered by mail, courier or hand-delivered from the British Council – Jordan to the Fulbright Commission’s P.O. Box mailing address.
– It is strongly recommended that you upload all documents in PDF format.
– Your CV must include the following in PDF format:
- Education (universities attended, degrees earned and dates received).
- Professional positions held.
- Courses taught and other services provided to students and the home institution.
- Publications (provide full citations and list them starting with the most recent).
- Other professional activities, such as workshops, seminars and consultations.
- Membership and activities in professional associations.
- Professional honors, awards and fellowships.
- Community service.
For more information on how to apply ,Contact the Jordanian Programs via:
– Tel:(962-6) 568-4760, (962-6) 568-4760 or 560-4630, Extns. #14 (Ms. Lama) or #15 (Ms. Rana) Sunday through Thursday, between 8:00 am and 3:00 pm.
– Office Mobile No.:(962-79) 644-4119