|Deadline: November 8, 2019||Institution(s): The University of British Colombia|
|Level of Study: Postdoctoral||Study in: Canada|
KILLAM Postdoctoral Research Fellowship 2020
KILLAM Postdoctoral Research Fellowship invites applications from international students who intend to pursue postdoctoral research at The University of British Colombia Canada. The Killam Scholarship was created in memory of Izaak Walton Killam through the Will of his spouse, Dorothy Johnston Killam, and through donations created during her lifetime. Their primary objective is to support advanced education and research at five Canadian universities and the Canada Council for the Arts.
The UBC Killam Postdoctoral Research Fellowships are given annually by the Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Fund for Advanced Studies and are accessible in most areas of study. It was Mrs. Killam’s wish that those chosen to receive fellowships would: “Be inclined to encourage the development of learning or gain distinction in the industry.
For a list of courses offered, please see:
One- two years
KILLAM Postdoctoral Research Fellowship 2020 provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- An annual stipend of $50,000 for a maximum of two years plus a travel
- Research allowance of $4,000 over two years.
To be eligible for KILLAM Postdoctoral Research Fellowship 2020, applicants must meet the following criteria:
Required Language: English
Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- Must not have pursued PhD-level studies at any campus of the University of British Columbia.
- Must have completed all requirements of their PhD no more than 24 months prior to the anticipated fellowship start date.
- Must not currently hold a tenure-track or continuing faculty position at a university or college. Applicants who currently hold a temporary, term or non-tenure track faculty appointments are eligible to apply.
How to Apply for KILLAM Postdoctoral Research Fellowship 2020?
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important steps to avail KILLAM Postdoctoral Research Fellowship 2020:
- Make or obtain a copy of your original academic records
- Send them to the home university, and ask your home university to:
- verify that the photocopies are consistent with their records
- attest that the copies are true and stamp them with an official university stamp
- put the attested, stamped photocopies in sealed envelopes endorsed by the Registrar
- submit the sealed, endorsed envelopes to the Faculty of Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies, attention Killam Postdocs, 6371 Crescent Road, Vancouver BC V6T 1Z2.