|Deadline: August 31, 2019||Institution(s): Government of Japan|
|Level of Study: Masters||Study in: Japan|
Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (JADS) Program 2019:
This JADS program is funded by the Government of Japan, The overarching goal that the AfDB and the Government of Japan seeks to attain is to enhance skills and human resources development in Africa in a number of priority areas pertaining to science and technology with a special focus on the energy sector, All JADS scholarships cover the duration of the graduate program or two years, whichever is less.
The Japan Africa Scholarship (JADS) Program capacity building in energy sector through skills development for sustainable development which is a joint initiative by the AfDB and Japan that aims at providing two-year scholarship awards to highly achieving African graduate students to enable them to Study postgraduate, Upon completion of their study programs scholars are expected to return to their home country to contribute to its economic and social development.
- Energy Engineering.
- Materials Science.
- Engineering Management.
- Sustainable Energy Science.
- Technology and Innovation Management.
Two years Masters degree.
Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (JADS) Program 2019 provide the recipient with:
- Economy class air travel between your home country and the host university at the start of the study program and immediately following the end of the scholarship period.
- Tuition for a graduate program and the cost of basic medical insurance usually obtained through the university.
- A monthly subsistence allowance to cover living expenses, including books.
- In special circumstances, computer literacy, preparatory language and other similar courses may be covered under the scholarship.
The JADS Scholarship does not cover:
- VISA application(s) costs.
- Expenses to bring and/or support scholar’s family members.
- Extra-curricular courses or training.
- Language training not provided by the graduate program.
- Additional travel during the course of the study program.
- Expenses related to supplementary educational materials, field trips, participation in workshops/seminars, or internships or educational equipment such as computers.
Egypt, Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco.
To qualify for Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (JADS) Program 2019, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Must have gained admission to an approved Masters degree course at a Japanese partner university.
- Candidates should be 35 years old or younger in good health.
- Must Hold a Bachelor (or equivalent) degree in the energy area (or related field) earned at least 1 years prior to the application deadline date.
- Have a superior academic record.
- Have 1 years or more of recent development-related experience after earning a Bachelor (or equivalent) degree.
- Applicants living or working in a country other than his or her home country are not eligible for scholarships.
- JADS does not support applicants who are already enrolled in graduate degree programs.
- Not be an Executive Director, and/or staff of all types of appointments of the African Development Bank Group or a close relative of the aforementioned by blood or adoption with the term defined as: Mother, Father, Sister, Half-sister, Brother, Half-brother, Son, Daughter, Aunt, Uncle, Niece, or Nephew.
- you must inform the JADS if you have other sources of scholarship funds, The JADS stipend may be withdrawn completely or partially if during the scholarship period the program has evidence of additional sources of support.
- You should not take any action with respect to your current employment or otherwise, until you have been informed by AfDB that you have been awarded a scholarship.
- For scholars engaged in research, a special grant may be available for research and thesis preparation.
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important instructions to avail Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (JADS) Program 2019:
First Step: You must first completes JADS application form
Second Step: Sends documents to JADS@AFDB.ORG
The documents should contain:
- Application form.
- A certified transcript (in English) of your academic record.
- Name and contacts of two references.
- Research proposal.
Third Step: AfDB contacts selected awardees, and informs partner universities.