|Deadline: August 31, 2019||Institution(s): Government of Japan|
|Level of Study: Masters||Study in: Japan|
Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (JADS) Program 2020
Japan Africa Dream Scholarship is awarded to students from Egypt, Algeria, Tunisia and Morocco to pursue masters degree in Japanese Universities. This scholarship is funded by the Government of Japan. The principal goal that the AfDB and the Government of Japan seeks to attain is to improve skills and human resources growth in Africa in a number of important areas relating to science and technology with a special focus on the energy sector, All JADS scholarships cover the duration of the graduate program or two years, whichever is less.
The Japan Africa Scholarship (JADS) Program capacity building in energy sector through skills development for sustainable development which is a joint initiative by the AfDB and Japan that aims at providing two-year scholarship awards to highly achieving African graduate students to enable them to Study postgraduate. Upon completion of their study programs, scholars are expected to return to their home country to contribute to its economic and social development.
- Energy Engineering.
- Materials Science.
- Sustainable Energy Science.
- Engineering Management.
- Technology and Innovation Management.
Two years Masters degree.
Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (JADS) Program 2020 provide the recipient with:
- A monthly subsistence allowance to cover living expenses, including books.
- Tuition for a graduate program and the cost of basic medical insurance usually obtained through the university.
- Economy class air travel between your home country and the host university at the start of the study program and immediately following the end of the scholarship period.
- In special circumstances, computer literacy, preparatory language and other similar courses may be covered under the scholarship.
The JADS Scholarship does not cover:
- VISA application(s) costs.
- Extra-curricular courses or training.
- Expenses to bring and/or support scholar’s family members.
- Additional travel during the course of the study program.
- Language training not provided by the graduate program.
- Expenses related to supplementary educational materials, field trips, participation in workshops/seminars, or internships or educational equipment such as computers.
To qualify for Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (JADS) Program 2019, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
Required Language: English
Eligible Countries: Egypt, Algeria, Tunisia and Morocco.
- Must have gained admission to an approved Masters degree course at a Japanese partner university.
- Must Hold a Bachelor (or equivalent) degree in the energy area (or related field) earned at least 1 years prior to the application deadline date.
- Candidates should be 35 years old or younger in good health.
- Have a superior academic record.
- Applicants living or working in a country other than his or her home country are not eligible for scholarships.
- Have 1 years or more of recent development-related experience after earning a Bachelor (or equivalent) degree.
- JADS does not support applicants who are already enrolled in graduate degree programs.
- You should not take any action with respect to your current employment or otherwise, until you have been informed by AfDB that you have been awarded a scholarship.
- you must inform the JADS if you have other sources of scholarship funds, The JADS stipend may be withdrawn completely or partially if during the scholarship period the program has evidence of additional sources of support.
- Not be an Executive Director, and/or staff of all types of appointments of the African Development Bank Group or a close relative of the aforementioned by blood or adoption with the term defined as: Mother, Father, Sister, Half-sister, Brother, Half-brother, Son, Daughter, Aunt, Uncle, Niece, or Nephew.
- For scholars engaged in research, a special grant may be available for research and thesis preparation.
How to Apply for Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (JADS) Program?
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important instructions to avail Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (JADS) Program 2019:
- You must first completes JADS application form
- Sends documents to JADS@AFDB.ORG
- The required documents include:
- Application form.
- Name and contacts of two references.
- Research proposal.
- A certified transcript (in English) of your academic record.
- AfDB contacts selected awardees, and informs partner universities.