|Deadline: May 30, 2019||Institution(s): Italian Higher Education Institutes|
|Level of Study: Masters/PhD||Study in: Italy|
Italian Government Scholarships for International Students 2020
Italian Government Scholarship invites applications from foreign students to undertake postgraduate studies at Italian higher education institutes. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI) intend to promote scientific and technological cooperation, international cultural, Italian language and culture and to support Italy’s economic system in the world (According to Law 288/55 and its subsequent changes and additions). Scholarships are offered to undertake study, training, and/or research programs at Italian Higher Education Institutes, both public and legally recognized.
- Italian language
The scholarship duration can be three, six, or nine months depending on the type of course.
Italian Government Scholarships provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Health and Medical Insurance
Grantees will be covered by a health and medical/accident insurance contracted by MAECI for the entire duration of the grant. Insurance coverage will not apply to events derived from pre-existing physical and pathological conditions.
- Tuition Fees
Grantees may be exempted from the payment of enrollment and tuition fees depending on the policy of each University. Exemption is not granted for courses in Italian language and culture, for which enrollment fees are due.
- Financial Grant
Grantees will receive a 900 Euros monthly allowance on a quarterly basis, which will be paid on their Italian bank account.
Following is the eligibility criteria for Italian Government Scholarships for International Students:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: Students from eligible foreign countries
- Applicants for Master’s Degree/Higher Education in Arts, Music, and Dance (AFAM) Programs/ Italian Language and Culture Courses should not be over 28 years old by the deadline of this call, with the sole exception of renewals.
- Applications must only be submitted by foreign students not residing in Italy.
- Applicants for PhD Programs should not be over 30 years old by the deadline of this call, with the sole exception of renewals.
- Proof of proficiency in Italian is not required for courses entirely taught in English.
- Applicants for Research Projects under academic supervision should not be over 40 years old by the deadline of this call.
- In this case, applicants must provide a language certificate of their proficiency in English Language. The minimum level required is B2 within the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
- Admission to the first year of a Master’s Degree course in Italy requires the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in the applicants’ country of origin; admission to the second year is granted to applicants upon evidence to be on track with their first year studies.
- For Italian language and culture courses, applicants must provide a certificate of their proficiency in Italian language. The minimum level required is A2 within the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
- To be admitted to an Italian AFAM Institute, applicants need to meet the entry requirements and academic qualifications established by the relevant University/Institute.
- To be admitted to a PhD in Italy, applicants need to meet the entry requirements and academic qualifications established by the University; they are also required to provide a letter of acceptance on behalf of the relevant Italian University.
- For a research under academic supervision grants can be awarded to research projects carried out at the Italian Research Institutions (i.e Italian Research Council – CNR, Italian National Institute of Health – ISS, Italian National Institute for Nuclear Physics – INFN, Italian National Institute for Astrophysics – INAF, The Italian Institute for Environmental Protection and Research – ISPRA) under the academic supervision of public Universities or Museums and Archives.
How to Apply for Italian Government Scholarship?
Please follow the following application instructions to win Italian Government Scholarship:
- Create an account on this website by clicking Here.
- Fill the online application form
- Following documents are required
- Score statement.
- Recommendation letter.
- Admission from the university in Italy.
- A letter of no more than 1000 words.
To know more about Italian Government Scholarships for International Students, please visit official website: