|Deadline: May 22, 2019||Institution(s): IMB|
|Level of Study: PhD||Study in: Mainz, Germany|
Mainz International PhD Program in Germany
Mainz International PhD Program is open for international students to pursue their PhD degree in Germany. The International PhD Program (IPP) provides the chance for talented and passionate learners to pursue PhD studies at the cutting edge of contemporary biology. Program projects tackle important issues linked to Gene Regulation, Epigenetics & Genome Stability overarching theme.
Our organizations cover a wide variety of skills in biochemistry, genetics, biology of cells and development, bioinformatics, biology of systems, and applied physics. Techniques that you can study with us include CRISPR / Cas, NGS, gene network modeling, mass spectrometry, or microscopy with super-resolution. The program is coordinated by the Institute of Molecular Biology, a center of excellence in life sciences that was recently established. Participating organizations are at:
- Institute of Molecular Biology (IMB).
- Johannes Gutenberg University (JGU).
- University Medical Centre (UMC).
- Systems biology
- Applied physics
- Cell and developmental biology
Are you interested studying in China? visit below links
- Sichuan Government Scholarship SGS
- The Mainz International PhD Programcovers Costs for accommodation and travel.
To qualify for Mainz International PhD Program, candidates must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
Information required for application (click here to download an example)
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- Details of your degrees (BSc, MSc).
- Details of any other post-graduate degrees, awards, honours or distinctions (description with a maximum of 250 words).
- Details on research stay abroad during studies (if any).
- Details of past research experiences.
- A list of your publications (PubMed format, maximum of 300 words) and your conference contributions (title of presentation, date and location of the conference).
- Which groups you are interested in working with; up to 5 may be selected. Please note: not all groups offer projects in every call.
- A motivational statement describing your interest in the IPP and your chosen groups as well as your scientific goals (maximum of 300 words).
You will be asked to upload the following documents in PDF format:
- Curriculum vitae (max size 3 MB).
- A single file (max size 4 MB) containing:
– University studies as far as completed.
(including certificates of qualification and transcripts of records)
– English language test certificate (not mandatory, only if available).
– High school certificate (if available).
How to Apply for Mainz International PhD Program?
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important instructions to avail this scholarship:
- Online registration from here.
Register online with your contact details and the details of at least two referees.Referees should be senior scientists, such as group leaders or professors at a university or research institute. These referees should know you well.
- Online application form.
Once you have registered, you will immediately receive a link to your personalised online application form by e-mail. You find this link at the end of a guideline how to apply The application form will ask you to provide the information and documents.
As the form cannot be saved, we strongly advise you to prepare the necessary information before you begin. Texts can then be pasted into the form as required. The application must be completed in English.
- Interview days.
About 25 – 30 shortlisted students will be invited to Mainz for interviews from 24 – 26 June 2019. The interviews will be held over 3 days and include presentations by the Group Leaders and the applicants as well as in-depth interviews in the group(s) you could imagine to work with. Costs for accommodation and travel (also intercontinental) are covered by the IPP.
To know more about Mainz International PhD Program, Germany 2019, please visit official website: