|Deadline: September 30, 2019 / March 31, 2020||Institution(s): The chosen university,(preferably in a foreign country where they live)|
|Level of Study: Research Fellowship||Study in: All over the world|
ICO-Allergan Advanced Research Fellowship
The ICO-Allergan Advanced Research Fellowship is open to young ophthalmologists from all over the world who want to undertake basic or clinical research at a chosen university. One of the main objectives and obligations of the ICO is to enhance ophthalmic education to improve eye care and contribute to the conservation and restoration of vision around the globe. In order to meet this commitment, the ICO provides instructional programs and projects to strengthen and promote ophthalmic education, particularly in developing nations.
- According to the program.
ICO-Allergan Advanced Research Fellowship provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- One fellowship awarded per year, with US$50,000 stipend.
To be eligible for ICO-Allergan Advanced Research Fellowship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
Required Language: English
Eligible Countries: All World Countries.
- Research Requirements:
- Description of previous work in the field of the application
- Detailed CV, including detailed publications list and impact factors
- Endorsement of the current program director
- Feasibility confirmation of chosen host university
- A detailed description of how research work should be continued during the fellowship
- Sustainability statement, e.g., confirmation from the present program director that the applicant may return after his/her fellowship and resume his/her position.
- Basic Requirements:
- Minimum 12 months of research training.
- Online application on the ICO website.
- Applications will be accepted for research work in the following sub-specialties: Glaucoma, Neuro-Ophthalmology, Pediatric Ophthalmology, Retina, Tumours, Uveitis, Dry Eye, and Cornea.
- Copy of specialist exam in ophthalmology that must be successfully passed.
- Applicant must be reasonably fluent in the language of the fellowship training center.
- Applicant must be under 40 years of age at the time of applying.
- The ICO recommends that candidates pass one or more ICO exams. We consider this in the assessment of applications From HERE.
- Applicants from countries with ophthalmologic societies that are Members of the ICO will receive special consideration to know more about members of the ICO click HERE.
- To know more about the Eligibility Requirements click here.
How to Apply for ICO-Allergan Advanced Research Fellowship?
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important steps to avail ICO-Allergan Advanced Research Fellowship:
- You will need to create an ICO Account if you do not already have one.
- Select a Fellowship: After identifying your country, the ICO Fellowship(s) you are eligible for will be shown.
- Complete Eligibility Check: You will be asked to provide information in order to determine if you are eligible to receive the selected ICO Fellowship.
- ICO Eligibility Review: After your information is submitted to the ICO your eligibility will be determined. You will be notified of the decision and asked to complete the application or informed that you are not eligible.
- Apply to a Host Training Center: If you are eligible, you will select and apply to a host. Please note that you may only apply to one host at a time.
- Host Application Review: Your request will be reviewed by the host you have selected. If accepted, you will need to confirm details agreed upon between you and the host. If your request is declined, you will need to select another host.
- Fellowship Application Submitted: You will be notified that your application is complete and will be reviewed by the appropriate ICO Fellowship Committee.
To know more about ICO-Allergan Advanced Research Fellowship, please visit official website: