|Deadline: January 15, 2019.||Institution(s): ICO-Allergan Advanced Research Fellowship|
|Level of Study: Research Fellowship||Study in: The chosen university,(preferably in a foreign country where they live).|
ICO-Allergan Advanced Research Fellowship:
The ICO-Allergan Advanced Research Fellowship allows one young ophthalmologist to continue basic or clinical research at a chosen university, preferably in a foreign country to where they live.
One of the primary goals and commitments of the ICO is to enhance ophthalmic education to improve eye care and contribute to preservation and restoration of vision around the world. To fulfill this commitment, the ICO offers educational programs and initiatives to invigorate and support ophthalmic education, especially in developing countries.
Specializations for studying on this opportunity:
According to the program.
- One fellowship awarded per year, with US$50,000 stipend.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
To be eligible for ICO-Allergan Advanced Research Fellowship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Detailed CV, including detailed publications list and impact factors
- Description of previous work in the field of the application
- Endorsement of the current program director
- A detailed description of how research work should be continued during the fellowship
- Feasibility confirmation of chosen host university
- Sustainability statement, e.g., confirmation from the present program director that the applicant may return after his/her fellowship and resume his/her position.
- Minimum 12 months of research training.
- Applications will be accepted for research work in the following sub-specialties: Glaucoma, Neuro-Ophthalmology, Pediatric Ophthalmology, Retina, Tumours, Uveitis, Dry Eye, and Cornea.
- Online application on the ICO website.
- Copy of specialist exam in ophthalmology that must be successfully passed.
- Applicant must be under 40 years of age at the time of applying.
- Applicant must be reasonably fluent in the language of the fellowship training center.
- The ICO recommends that candidates pass one or more ICO exams. We consider this in the assessment of applications From HERE.
- Applicants from countries with ophthalmologic societies that are Members of the ICO will receive special consideration to know more about members of the ICO click HERE.
To know more about the Eligibility Requirements click here.
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important steps to avail this scholarship:
The steps to apply for an ICO fellowship are listed below. Please be sure to check the eligibility requirements for the specific fellowship for which you are applying. You will need to create an ICO Account if you do not already have one.
Select a Fellowship: After identifying your country, the ICO Fellowship(s) you are eligible for will be shown.
Complete Eligibility Check: You will be asked to provide information in order to determine if you are eligible to receive the selected ICO Fellowship.
ICO Eligibility Review: After your information is submitted to the ICO your eligibility will be determined. You will be notified of the decision and asked to complete the application or informed that you are not eligible.
Apply to a Host Training Center: If you are eligible, you will select and apply to a host. Please note that you may only apply to one host at a time.
Host Application Review: Your request will be reviewed by the host you have selected. If accepted, you will need to confirm details agreed upon between you and the host. If your request is declined, you will need to select another host.
Fellowship Application Submitted: You will be notified that your application is complete and will be reviewed by the appropriate ICO Fellowship Committee.