|Deadline: September 30, 2019||Institution(s): ICGEB|
|Level of Study: Postdoctoral||Study in: Italy, New Delhi (India), and Cape Town (South Africa).|
ICGEB Short-term PhD Fellowships
ICGEB Short-term PhD Fellowships are open to international students from all over the word who want to undertake postdoctoral research in life sciences. Applicants should contact the ICGEB Group Leader / PI of their selection with a letter of recommendation, determine the availability of laboratory space and identify the study project proposition that will form an essential part of the implementation. ICGEB provides short-term grants for postdoctoral studies at ICGEB Component Laboratories to finance continuing cooperative research between ICGEB Member States and study organizations at ICGEB Laboratories in Trieste, Italy, New Delhi, India and Cape Town, South Africa, with the objective of enabling access to the recent study methods and enhancing capacity building.
1- 6 months.
ICGEB Short-term PhD Fellowships provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Travel: the fellowship includes provision for travel expenses from the participant’s home country to the ICGEB lab at the beginning of the fellowship and a return travel provision upon completion of the fellowship.
- Monthly stipend: Trieste (Italy): Euro 2,000, New Delhi (India): US$ 1,590, Cape Town (South Africa): ZAR 18,750.
- Medical health insurance coverage is provided for the duration of the fellowship.
- Visa/permit of stay application and renewal costs are reimbursed.
- ICGEB makes no financial provision, nor can it provide administrative support for family members of participants in the program.
- ICGEB Trieste: A Housing Service is run through the Welcome Office – Friuli Venezia Giulia. For further information please see: http://www.icgeb.org/trieste-housing.html
- ICGEB New Delhi: A Guest House is run on campus, on a twin-share basis, for a nominal rate.
- ICGEB Cape Town: Accommodation support is provided to fellows. Arrangements are agreed prior arrival
To be eligible for ICGEB Short-term PhD Fellowships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
Required Language: English
Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Applicants must be nationals of an ICGEB Member State and may not apply for fellowships to be undertaken in their country of origin, unless working abroad at the time of application.
- Applicants should hold a recent PhD in Life Sciences or have at least 3 years research experience.
- Candidates must have a good working knowledge of the English language, supported by a proficiency certificate (TOEFL, Cambridge Certificate, or equivalent). Not required when scholastic education has been undertaken in English.
How to Apply for ICGEB Short-term PhD Fellowships?
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here is an important step to avail ICGEB Short-term PhD Fellowships:
- Please complete application online here.
- Following documents are required:
- Proposed research.
Proposed research project and timetable (max. 3 pages, plus up to 2 pages of bibliographical references and figures).
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Written statement.
Written statement from the ICGEB Group Leader/Principal Investigator you have contacted and who is willing to support the project and provide laboratory space, explaining the motivation for the support of your candidature.
- English language certificate.
- Passport photocopy.
- Contact details.
Name and contact details of two (2) people who can provide a letter of reference on your behalf. At least one of these should be a member of the University or College you attended most recently. Please request referees to send their letters by email to (email@example.com) by the application closing date. The subject of the e-mail should be: “The Arturo Falaschi ICGEB Short-term Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme”, followed by your name.
- Proposed research.
To know more about ICGEB Short-term PhD Fellowships, please visit official website: