|Deadline: November 30, 2019||Institution(s): TU Wien|
|Level of Study: Masters||Study in: Austria|
Helmut Veith Stipend for Females in Computer Science 2020
The Helmut Veith Stipend is open to international female students who intend to undertake maters degree in the field of computer science at TU Wien taught in English. Helmut Veith Stipend for Female in Computer Science provides EUR 6000 annually for duration of up to two years and Waiver of all tuition fees at TU Wien. This scholarship is dedicated to the memory of an outstanding computer scientist who worked in the fields of computer-aided verification, logic in computer science, computer security and software engineering. Helmut Veith, who tragically passed away in March 2016, was a strong advocate and mentor for women in computer science.
Recipients of funding must exhibit good progress during their studies and will have to reside in Austria for the duration of their studies. The Helmut Veith Stipend was started with generous support of TU Wien, Wolfgang Pauli Institute and with contributions by family and friends of the late Helmut Veith.
- Business Informatics (Check details from here).
- Logic & Computation (Check details from here).
- Computational Logic (Check details from here).
- Media and Human-Centered Computing (Check details from here).
- (Technische Informatik) (Check details from here).
- Data Science (Check details from here).
Helmut Veith Stipend for Female in Computer Science 2020 provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- Waiver of all tuition fees at TU Wien.
- EUR 6000 annually for duration of up to two years.
To qualify for Helmut Veith Stipend for Female in Computer Science 2020, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
Required Language: English
Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Mathematics (Bologna first cycle) or equivalent degree
- The funding will only be awarded to applicants who have been unconditionally admitted to the master’s program.
- Applicants must be eligible for admission to one of the master’s programs in computer science at TU Wien that are taught in English. those are:
- European Master in Computational Logic.
- Master in Computer Science.
- Master in Computer Engineering (Technische Informatik)
- Extensive knowledge and interest in (at least one of) Helmut Veith’s areas of research:
- Formal Methods and Verification.
- Logic in Computer Science.
- Foundations of Artificial Intelligence.
- Computer Security.
- Complexity Theory.
- Proficiency in English.
How to Apply for Helmut Veith Stipend for Female in Computer Science?
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important instructions to avail Helmut Veith Stipend for Female in Computer Science 2020:
- The following documents are required:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter, describing the type of funding the student is applying for, and all other aspects the student deems relevant for the application
- Motivation Letter, describing the reasons why the student wants to study in the program Logic and Computation, why funding is necessary, and with which groups of the faculty the student would be interested to work with during their master’s thesis and why.
- Diplomas and/or certificates (first degree, bachelor degree, or higher). If the final academic certificate is not yet available at the time of the application deadline, a preliminary certificate (indicating the type of degree and the expected graduation date) signed and stamped by the degree-awarding university must be provided.
- Reports on university examinations (transcripts)
- Contact details of two referees (for letters of recommendation)
- Copy of passport
- English language certificate (TOEFL or similar)
- A certified translation needs to be provided for documents that are not in German or English. Your application must be submitted electronically to (ta.sc-cigol@retsam) as a single PDF document.