|Deadline: November 30, 2019||Institution(s): TU Wien|
|Level of Study: Masters||Study in: Austria|
Helmut Veith Stipend for Female Master Students in Computer Science at TU Wien in Austria 2020:
The Helmut Veith Stipend is awarded annually to outstanding female students in the field of computer science who pursue (or plan to pursue) one of the master’s programs in Computer Science at TU Wien taught in English.
Female students in the field of computer science (CS) who plan to pursue (or are currently pursuing) one of the master‘s programs in Computer Science at the Vienna University of Technology – TU Wien taught in English are invited to apply for the annually awarded Helmut Veith Stipend.
The Helmut Veith Stipend is dedicated to the memory of an outstanding computer scientist who worked in the fields of logic in computer science, computer-aided verification, software engineering, and computer security. Helmut Veith, who tragically passed away in March 2016, was a strong advocate and mentor for women in computer science.
Recipients of funding must demonstrate good progress during their studies and will have to reside in Austria during term time for the duration of their studies.
The Helmut Veith Stipend was established with generous support of TU Wien, Wolfgang Pauli Institute and with contributions by family and friends of the late Helmut Veith.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Logic & Computation (Check details from here).
- Business Informatics (Check details from here).
- Computational Logic (Check details from here).
- (Technische Informatik) (Check details from here).
- Media and Human-Centered Computing (Check details from here).
- Data Science (Check details from here).
Helmut Veith Stipend for Female in Computer Science 2019-2020 provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- EUR 6000 annually for duration of up to two years.
- Waiver of all tuition fees at TU Wien.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
To qualify for Helmut Veith Stipend for Female in Computer Science 2019-2020, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Applicants must be eligible for admission to one of the master’s programs in computer science at TU Wien that are taught in English. those are:
- Master in Computer Science.
- European Master in Computational Logic.
- Master in Computer Engineering (Technische Informatik)
- The funding will only be awarded to applicants who have been unconditionally admitted to the master’s program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Mathematics (Bologna first cycle) or equivalent degree
- Extensive knowledge and interest in (at least one of) Helmut Veith’s areas of research:
- Logic in Computer Science.
- Formal Methods and Verification.
- Foundations of Artificial Intelligence.
- Complexity Theory.
- Computer Security.
- Proficiency in English.
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important instructions to avail Helmut Veith Stipend for Female in Computer Science 2019-2020:
First Step: Prepare the following documents:
- Cover Letter, describing the type of funding the student is applying for, and all other aspects the student deems relevant for the application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter, describing the reasons why the student wants to study in the program Logic and Computation, why funding is necessary, and with which groups of the faculty the student would be interested to work with during their master’s thesis and why.
- Reports on university examinations (transcripts)
- Diplomas and/or certificates (first degree, bachelor degree, or higher). If the final academic certificate is not yet available at the time of the application deadline, a preliminary certificate (indicating the type of degree and the expected graduation date) signed and stamped by the degree-awarding university must be provided.
- Contact details of two referees (for letters of recommendation)
- English language certificate (TOEFL or similar)
- Copy of passport
Second Step: A certified translation needs to be provided for documents that are not in German or English. Your application must be submitted electronically to (ta.sc-cigol@retsam) as a single PDF document.