|Deadline: October 31,2019||Institution(s): Hakuho Foundation scholarship|
|Level of Study: Non-Degree||Study in: Japan|
Hakuho Foundation Japanese Research Fellowship
Hakuho Foundation Scholarship Research Fellowship is open for international students to undertake research in Japanese language. They have collaborated tirelessly since the Hakuho Foundation in 1970 to assist kids grow and create wealthy natural characteristics through language force. In 2015, they further improved their fundamentals to celebrate the 45th centenary of their inception, enabling them to expand the assistance they give. The Hakuho Foundation Japanese Research Fellowship is inviting major global Japanese language scientists, Japanese language education, Japanese literature, and Japanese society to Japan to conduct residential research with the aim of further enhancing the fundamentals of global studies into Japan and deepening knowledge of Japan.
Invited fellows will conduct their research with the cooperation of one of the following receiving organizations:
- International Research Center for Japanese Studies.
- The Japan Foundation Japanese-Language Institute,Urawa.
- Kyoto University.
- National Institute for Japanese Language and Linguistics.
- Ochanomizu University.
- Ritsumeikan University.
- Tokyo University of Foreign Studies.
- Waseda University.
- Japanese language.
- Japanese literature.
- Japanese culture.
- Japanese language education.
To accommodate various research topics and researcher circumstances, long-term (1-year) and short-term (6-month)
fellowships are offered. Applicants must be able to stay in Japan continuously for the duration of the applicable period below.
Long-term: September 1, 2020 ‒ August 31, 2021
Short-term: September 1, 2020 ‒ February 28, 2021 (Round 1), or March 1, 2020 ‒ August 31, 2021 (Round 2)
Hakuho Foundation scholarship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- Airfares: Return economy class air tickets
Note : Fellows who are already present in Japan prior to the beginning of the Fellowship period will not receive inbound tickets.
Likewise, Fellows who remain in Japan after the end of the Fellowship period will not receive outbound tickets.
- Relocation allowance: 350,000 yen
- Living and research expenses: 350,000 yen per month
- Housing subsidy: Up to 150,000 yen per month （actual cost; subject to provision of receipts each month）
- International travelers’ illness and injury insurance
In addition, Hakuho Foundation will pay the receiving organization a hosting cooperation fee for use of facilities, etc.
by the Fellow.
To be eligible for Hakuho Foundation scholarship to pursue research fellowship in Japanese language in Japan, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Languages: Japanese.
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- Affiliated with a higher education or research institution (including postdoctoral scholars, adjunct professors and part-time lecturers), or have equivalent research and educational background.
- Researchers with a doctoral degree (including degrees to be granted on or before December 2018) OR an equivalent level of research or education background.
- Sufficient Japanese language proficiency to be able to conduct research in Japanese.
- Non-Japanese national residing outside Japan or Japanese national who has resided outside Japan for 10 years or more and been active in the academic community of the country of their residence.
- Able to stay continuously in Japan for the duration of the Fellowship period and participate in research reporting sessions arranged by the Foundation.
- Applications are not sought from those whose purpose is to write a doctoral thesis.
- As research reporting and communications with the Fellowship secretariat on various procedures will be conducted in Japanese only, a suitable level of Japanese language ability is required.
- Those who have previously received support for residential research in Japan may also apply.
How to Apply for Hakuho Foundation Scholarship?
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important steps to avail this scholarship:
- Obtain Application Guide, Application Form and Letter of Recommendation from here.
- Fill in the Application Form
- Have the person recommending you for the Fellowship fill in the Letter of Recommendation
- Prepare Japanese translation of the Letter of Recommendation (if written in a language other than Japanese)
- Send the above documents to the designated address by mail.
Hakuho Foundation Japanese Research Fellowship Secretariat:
C/o e-side, Inc., B1 Fl., Shiba-Daimon MF Bldg., 2-1-16 Shiba-Daimon, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-0012, Japan
Tel: +81 3 6435 8140 Fax: +81 3 6435 8790 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
*For more details about how to apply click here