|Deadline: October 31, 2019||Institution(s): Government of Ireland|
|Level of Study: Master’s and Doctoral||Study in: Ireland|
Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program 2020
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program is open for international students to pursue higher education in Ireland. The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program is an established national initiative, financed by the Department of Education and Skills and run by the Council. The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program is distinctive in the landscape of Irish studies and complements other avenues in the Irish eco-system for financed postgraduate education.
- All disciplines can apply.
1- 2-year research masters and 3-4 year PhD program
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- a stipend of €16,000 per annul.
- a contribution to fees, including non-EU fees, up to a maximum of €5,750 per annul.
- eligible direct research expenses of €2,250 per annul.
To be eligible for Master’s and Doctoral Scholarship Presented by Government of Ireland in All disciplines, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- Applicant must have a fهrst class or upper IInd class honours bachelor’s, or the (equivalent) degree.
- Applicant must not have had two previous unsuccessful applications to the scheme, including strategic partner themes within the scheme.
- Applicant must be a new entrant to the degree for which they are to receive Council funding and have been formally accepted by the relevant department or school.
- Applicants applying for a research master’s scholarship, must not currently hold, or have previously held, a Council Postgraduate Scholarship
- Applicants applying for a PhD degree scholarship, must not currently hold or have previously held, any Council Postgraduate Scholarship other than those which would enable them to obtain a research master’s degree.
- Applicants will fall under one of two categories based on nationality and residency.
- For category I, applicants must meet BOTH of the following criteria: be a citizen of a member state of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland AND have been ordinarily resident in an EEA member state or Switzerland for a continuous period of 3 of the 5 years preceding October 1st.
How to Apply for The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program?
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important steps to avail this scholarship:
- Register on the online account from here and complete the applicable registration form as prompted.
- Complete the applicable registration form as prompted. Once you have filled in the required details, click ‘submit’ at the bottom of the registration page. A confirmation email will automatically be sent to the email address you have provided. This email confirms that you have successfully registered for the online system and will issue you with a username and password.
- Once you have received your username and password, you should access the online the system here using the login details provided.
- When you log into the online system, you will be presented with the ‘home’ screen below where you can create and edit your application prior to the applicant deadline and then submit it.
For more information, click here.