|Deadline: May 31, 2019 at noon||Institution(s): Goldsmiths, University of London|
|Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD.||Study in: London, UK|
Goldsmiths International Response Scholarship
Goldsmiths International Response Scholarship is open for international students to pursue their higher education in UK. This year, Goldsmiths, London University is offering refugees a number of scholarships starting full-time study at Goldsmiths in September 2019. The QS World Rankings place Goldsmiths in the top five art & design and communication & media studies universities in the UK. According to the 2014 Research Excellence Framework, Goldsmiths is also among the top 25 in the UK for the quality of their research.
- Undergraduate program: Three to four years.
- Master’s program: One year.
- PhD program: Three years.
Goldsmiths International Response Scholarship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- Accommodation fee waiver (For a standard, single occupancy bedroom in Goldsmiths-owned accommodation only)
- £11,400 for each year of study
- Tuition fee waiver
To qualify for Goldsmiths International Response Scholarship, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries.
- You must have received an offer of a place on a full-time undergraduate or full-time postgraduate taught program starting September 2019.
- You must be declared as refugee or asylum seeker on your application, or have been granted limited leave as the result of an asylum application or human rights application.
- You will also need to demonstrate academic excellence and/or significant achievement in your chosen field of study.
- You must be undertaking your first undergraduate/postgraduate degree.
- Applicants must have a letter from the UK Government confirming refugee/asylum status in the UK. This document must be uploaded to your My Goldsmiths account when you submit your application. Applications will not be considered if you do not provide evidence of your status in the UK
- University Entry Requirements:
- For country specific requirements, click here.
- For course specific requirements, click here.
- If English isn’t your first language, you will need to meet the English language requirements to study with them. These are listed on the program pages. They usually require an IELTS. However, they also accept a range of other English language qualifications.
How to Apply for Goldsmiths International Response Scholarship?
To apply for Goldsmiths International Response Scholarship, please follow the following instructions:
- Apply for the University
- For Undergraduates:
- International students apply for undergraduate degrees through UCAS.
- You apply by filling out a form at ucas.com. The form allows you to apply to a maximum of 5 institutions. You only complete the form once and it will be sent to all the universities you’ve selected.
- The form is broken down into different sections covering your contact information, academic history, and a personal statement that enables you to outline your passion and enthusiasm for the subject you want to study. Read the University’s guidance on creating a personal statement that stands out.
- Your application also needs to include a reference from someone who knows you well and can talk about your suitability for the subject you want to study, such as a teacher at school or college.
- You will need to pay a fee to UCAS to submit your application.
- Read more about the undergradute application process.
- For Postgraduates:
- You can apply directly to Goldsmiths via the website by clicking the ‘apply now’ button on the programme page of the course you’re interested in. Some programs have particular application procedures, so always check the programme listing for any specific requirements.
- As part of your application you will be asked to upload a personal statement. This is your chance to differentiate yourself from the other applicants applying for your program, and to describe why they should offer you a place to study. Read their guidance on writing your personal statement.
- For most taught degrees there is no official deadline of when to apply by, but it’s worth noting that popular courses tend to fill up quickly, so it’s best to apply early to avoid disappointment.
- As part of your application you may also be asked to provide examples of your work, such as essays or photography. Details will be given on individual program pages.
- After you’ve submitted your application it will be reviewed by the academic staff. You may also be invited to an interview (either in person or via Skype).
- Read more about the postgraduate application process.
- For Undergraduates:
- Apply for the Scholarship
- To apply for scholarships and bursaries, you’ll first need to set up a MyGoldsmiths account. Please see advice and guidance on how to create your MyGoldsmiths account. You’ll be sent details of how to create your account at enrolment.
- Applying for accommodation
You will need to make a separate accommodation application – this should be done as soon as applications open.
- You will have to list Loring Hall, Dean House, and Ewan Henderson court as your top three accommodation choices.
- You will then need to fill out the other options to move onto the next stage of the application process.
- You should also specify that you are are applying for this scholarship in the ‘Notes’ section of your accommodation application.
- Find out more about applying for accommodation.
To know more about Goldsmiths International Response Scholarship – Goldsmiths, University of London, please visit official website: