|Deadline: October 15, 2019||Institution(s): Harrison Middleton University|
|Level of Study: Non-Degree Program||Study in: Arizona, USA|
Harrison Middleton University Fellowship in Ideas 2020
Harrison Middleton University Fellowship in Ideas is open to international students from all over the world who are interested to undertake studies at Harrison Middleton University USA. The HMU Fellowship in Ideas is a writing and debate project in the field of humanities intended for a latest university graduate in any area of interest in humanities, interdisciplinary dialog and intellectual and professional enrichment. The Fellowship provides emerging scholars exposure to the history of Western civilization concepts, networking possibilities for a wide range of academics, lifelong students, readers and thinkers from a wide spectrum of fields, and credited authorship in two university journals. Except for participation at the conference, all tasks of the HMU Fellowship in Ideas may be carried out from any place with appropriate telephone and internet access.
- Imaginative literature.
- Natural science.
- Philosophy and religion.
- Social science.
Harrison Middleton University Fellowship in Ideas provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- The opportunity to participate in Socratic discussions with university faculty.
- A stipend to cover travel, registration, and related expenses for attendance at Great Books Chicago.
- Networking opportunities with the Great Books Foundation, a nonprofit educational organization in Chicago since 1947 that developed the Shared Inquiry Method (a variation of Socratic discussion) and offers K-12 and lifelong learning programs nationwide.
- Online publication in the HMU Blog and HMU: Dialogues.
- At the conclusion of the Fellowship term, a complimentary library of five Great Books Foundation publications.
To be eligible for Harrison Middleton University Fellowship in Ideas, applicants must meet the following criteria:
Required Language: English
Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Have received a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (in any field) since 2016.
- Have an interest in the humanities and the great ideas of Western civilization.
- Have outstanding reading, writing, and communication abilities.
- Be able to attend Great Books Chicago in Chicago, Illinois, on May 3-5, 2019.
- Commit to writing two blog entries for the HMU Blog and one book review, based on a Great Books Foundation publication to be determined, for HMU: Dialogues.
How to Apply for Harrison Middleton University Fellowship in Ideas?
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important steps to avail Harrison Middleton University Fellowship in Ideas:
- Fill out the application form from here.
- Prepare the following documents:
- A biographical statement of no more than 500 words that addresses your background as a student, your interest in the humanities, and your interest in the HMU Fellowship in Ideas.
- An appropriately cited expository essay of no more than 1500 words.
- Plus a works cited page, applying your interest to a great idea in the humanities related to one of these concentrations: imaginative literature, natural science, philosophy and religion, and social science.
- Submit your application and writing samples as attached Microsoft Word-compatible documents to Information@hmu.edu
- Note: Shortlisted candidates will be requested to participate in an interview, either by telephone or Skype. The successful applicant will be notified by Harrison Middleton University on or before December 1, 2018.