|Deadline: October 1, 2018||Institution(s): Harrison Middleton University|
|Level of Study: Non-Degree Program||Study in: Arizona, USA|
Harrison Middleton University Fellowship in Ideas:
The Fellowship offers emerging scholars exposure to the history of ideas in Western civilization, networking opportunities amongst an array of academicians, lifelong learners, readers, and thinkers from a broad range of disciplines, and credited authorship in two university publications. Except for conference attendance, all activities of the HMU Fellowship in Ideas may be carried out from any location with adequate telephone and internet access.
The HMU Fellowship in Ideas is a writing and discussion project in the humanities designed for a recent university graduate from any field who has an interest in the humanities, interdisciplinary dialogue, and intellectual and professional enrichment.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
Humanities with concentrations in:
- Imaginative literature.
- Natural science.
- Philosophy and religion.
- Social science.
- A stipend to cover travel, registration, and related expenses for attendance at Great Books Chicago.
- The opportunity to participate in Socratic discussions with university faculty.
- Networking opportunities with the Great Books Foundation, a nonprofit educational organization in Chicago since 1947 that developed the Shared Inquiry Method (a variation of Socratic discussion) and offers K-12 and lifelong learning programs nationwide.
- Online publication in the HMU Blog and HMU: Dialogues.
- At the conclusion of the Fellowship term, a complimentary library of five Great Books Foundation publications.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES
To be eligible for Fellowship opportunity in humanities from Harrison Middleton University in USA, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have received a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (in any field) since 2016.
- Have an interest in the humanities and the great ideas of Western civilization.
- Have outstanding reading, writing, and communication abilities.
- Be able to attend Great Books Chicago in Chicago, Illinois, on May 3-5, 2019.
- Commit to writing two blog entries for the HMU Blog and one book review, based on a Great Books Foundation publication to be determined, for HMU: Dialogues.
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important steps to avail this scholarship:
First Step: Fill out the application form from here.
Second Step: Prepare the following attachments:
- A biographical statement of no more than 500 words that addresses your background as a student, your interest in the humanities, and your interest in the HMU Fellowship in Ideas.
- An appropriately cited expository essay of no more than 1500 words.
- Plus a works cited page, applying your interest to a great idea in the humanities related to one of these concentrations: imaginative literature, natural science, philosophy and religion, and social science.
Submit your application and writing samples as attached Microsoft Word-compatible documents to Information@hmu.edu
Note: Shortlisted candidates will be requested to participate in an interview, either by telephone or Skype. The successful applicant will be notified by Harrison Middleton University on or before December 1, 2018.