|Deadline: June 11, 2019.||Institution(s): Leibniz Universität Hannover|
|Level of Study: Doctoral||Study in: Hannover, Germany.|
The Leibniz Universität Hannover Scholarship
Leibniz Universität Hannover Scholarship is open to international students from all over the world who intend to pursue doctoral studies at Leibniz Universität Hannover Germany. The DAAD and the Research Training Group “Integrity and Collaboration in Dynamic Sensor Networks” jointly grant nine complete scholarships for doctoral research funded by the DAAD Graduate School Scholarship Program (GSSP). A scholarship will be given in 2020. We give an appealing place in an interdisciplinary team working in a extremely appropriate field of studies, which offers great possibilities for further professional qualifications. The structured supervision program is intended to allow graduation to take place within three years.
The offered projects of this GSSP-application cover almost all areas of interest of the research training group:
- Project 1: Integrity Monitoring for Network-RTK Systems.
- Project 2: Quality Estimation of Multi-Sensor-Systems (MSS) in a collaborative network.
- Project 3: Collaborative positioning using imaging sensors.
- Project 4: Combining probabilistic and interval-based error models for sensor fusion on mobile robots.
- Project 5: Integrity measures for hierarchical and incremental map data acquisition.
Other topics in the context of the research training group are also welcome – if provided with a convincing research statement.
- Computer Vision.
- Filtering Techniques.
Leibniz Universität Hannover Scholarship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
The monthly grant will be 1.200 EUR plus travel support, insurances, study and research allowances and if necessary rent or family allowances.
To be eligible for Doctoral Scholarships from Leibniz Universität Hannover Germany, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Languages: English and German
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- Highly motivated international candidates with an outstanding M.Sc. degree in geodesy and geoinformatics, information technology, computer science, applied mathematics, robotics, or a related discipline.
- The ability for interdisciplinary and independent work as well as a very good command of the English language and a passion for learning German are required.
- We only accept applications of foreign students. German applications will not be considered in the GSSP program.
- By the time of your nomination to the DAAD (December 2018), you must not have been resided in Germany for more than 15 months.
- At the time of application, your last final exam must have taken place no longer than 6 years ago.
- As an equal opportunities employer, Leibniz Universität Hannover intends to promote women in the context of statutory requirements. For this reason, suitably qualified women are specifically invited to apply. Equally qualified applicants with disabilities will be given preferential treatment.
- For more information regarding the DAAD guidlines, kindly click Here.
How to Apply for Leibniz Universität Hannover Scholarship?
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important steps to avail Leibniz Universität Hannover Scholarship:
- Please send your application in German or English language in electronic form (PDF) until 5 October, 2018 to the following address: (email@example.com)
- Required Documents are:
- full academic record (certificates, transcript of record of B.Sc. and M.Sc. or equivalent in English or German language),
- two letters of recommendation from your home institutes (official template of DAAD),
- a research statement (one page) indicating your specific interest in the RTG, highlighting your personal interest and strengths for a specific PhD topic, as well as initial research ideas concerning this topic (please refer to the project number in your statement).
- Applications will be reviewed by the members of the RTG. Based on academic qualification, research experience, motivation, scientific background and the letters of recommendation, suitable candidates will be selected for an interview to be held in November 2018 in Hannover, Germany or via Skype.
- Candidates selected after the interviews will have to submit another complete application form with all supporting documents via the DAAD portal from Here and then log in or register for a new account ( after verifying your account log in and Select “Personal Funding” and application form “Graduate School Scholarship Programme 19”).
- The following documents have to be submitted along with the application form in German or English:
- an abstract of your proposal (max. 1 page);
- a curriculum vitae;
- a letter of motivation;
- a schedule of your proposal including information about possible field studies/stays abroad. If you plan a field study/stay abroad, please submit also a short working plan and schedule of the field trip/stay (when, where, what, how long);
- Bachelor and Master degree certificates1 and certificates of annual examinations taken at the home university (transcript of records) including grades and explaining the home university grades’ system (description of grade scale)2;
- For applicants from China: certificate of the Academic Evaluation Center (Akademische Prüfstelle);
- Documents certifying knowledge of the foreign language required by the graduate school;
- any documents certifying completed practical work (internship etc.);
- a list of publications.
- Certified copies of all translated documents must be submitted to DAAD only after a letter of award has been received.
- The final selection decision is made by a DAAD selection committee.
To know more about Doctoral Scholarships from Leibniz Universität Hannover, Germany, please visit official website: