|Deadline: September 1, 2018.||Institution(s): Copenhagen Business School|
|Level of Study: PhD||Study in: Denmark & USA|
Copenhagen Business School PhD Scholarships USA – Denmark 2018:
The Department of Organization at Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a vacant PhD scholarship within the field of science and technology studies (STS) and organization studies. The scholarship has a special focus on current US science and innovation policy, organizational initiatives and patterns of implementation.
The three-year PhD programme at CBS allows candidates to conduct research under the supervision of CBS professors, supported by research training courses. The programme is highly international, and you are expected to participate in international research conferences and to spend time abroad as a visiting PhD student. The scholarship includes teaching obligations equivalent of 1/2 year’s work (840 work hours). The teaching responsibilities associated with the scholarship comprise undergraduate teaching and supervision in subjects such as organization theory, organizational analysis and qualitative methodology. The student will be enrolled at the PhD School in Organisation and Management Studies.
Specializations for studying on this opportunity:
-The scholarships are fully salaried, according to the national Danish collective agreement.
-The scholarship includes:
- tuition fees,
- office space,
- travel grants,
- a salary, currently starting with per month app.DKK 23.770 (app. 3,160 euro) up to DKK 28.964 (app. 3,860 euro) depending on seniority,
- a pension contribution totalling 17,1 % of 85 per cent of the base salary.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES CAN APPLY!
To be eligible for Copenhagen Business School PhD Scholarships USA – Denmark 2018, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The candidate should have a basic training at the Masters level (similar to the 3 + 2 Bologna process).
- An educational background in the social sciences is necessary.
- The applicant must have successfully completed the Masters degree before commencing PhD at CBS.
- The applicants must be fluent in English. Check the English language requirements of the university.
- The Department will give priority to applicants with high grades from their universities.
- Candidates who wish to join the university should demonstrate enthusiasm for working in an organisation of this type (highlighting, for example, relevant business, educational and dissemination activities).
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important steps to avail this scholarship:
Application must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link in the ”Apply Now” button.
- A project description (max. 5 pages): This research proposal should contain a presentation of an original research question, a description of the initial theoretical framework and research methodology, a presentation of the suggested empirical material as well as a work-plan in the form of a Gantt Chart, and finally a brief outline of how the project would fit within the framework of the collaborative research project.
- Copies of a Master’s degree certificate or other certificates of a corresponding level.
- Brief curriculum vitae (CV).
- A list of papers and publications.
- One copy of a selected written work (e.g. Master’s thesis).
- Documentation for English language skills if English is not mother tongue.
Enter the vacant position you wish to apply for.
Fill in the online application form with your personal data and upload the relevant documentation.
At the bottom of the page you are asked to accept the fact that the site registers your data – if you agree, put a check mark in the box and click send. You cannot apply without giving your consent. Personal information is automatically anonymised after six months.
After sending your application, you are now registered in the system and within 24 hours you will receive an e-mail confirming your application. In the e-mail you have the possibility of making sure that your application and attached documents are correct. If you do not receive an e-mail please contact HR Services, Tel.: +45 3815 2022. Once the deadline for applications has expired, all submitted applications will be read and you will hear from the university.