|Deadline: May 20, 2019||Institution(s): Confucius Institute|
|Level of Study: Masters||Study in: Shanghai, China|
Confucius Institute Scholarship (CIS) 2020
Confucius Institute Scholarship (CIS) is open to international students from all over the world who want to undertake the Chinese Language Courses at Chinese Institutes. The purpose of this scholarship is to cultivate qualified Chinese language teachers and facilitate the promotion of Chinese language and culture. The Confucius Institute Headquarters (Hanban) launches “Confucius Institute Scholarship” (CIS) to support outstanding students, scholars and currently employed Chinese language teachers recommended by Confucius Institutes, independently operated Confucius Classrooms as well as some HSK test centers to study in Chinese universities and colleges.
Acting as one of the host institutions, East China Normal University (ECNU) has a high reputation in teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages. The School of International Chinese Studies at ECNU, which specializes in the training of foreign Chinese language teachers, is the only institute of this kind established by Hanban. The HSK Test Center of the International College of Chinese Studies at ECNU is one of the first Chinese language proficiency testing centers to have the right to recommend Confucius Institute scholarship candidates.
Teaching Chinese as a foreign language
Two Academic Years.
Confucius Institute Scholarship (CIS) provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- Full Scholarship consists of tuition fee, accommodation fee, living allowance and comprehensive medical insurance expenses.
- University provides on-campus dormitory with double beds for scholarship students.
- The partial scholarship covers tuition fee, accommodation fee, and comprehensive medical insurance expenses.
- Students hoping to live off-campus should apply to the university and receive the off-campus permission from the university.
- For MTCSOL student, the monthly allowance is 3,000 CNY per person
- Only those who achieve outstanding records in academic and Chinese language proficiency are entitled to receive the scholarship for the following year.
- The degree scholarship program applicants are subject to annual academic performance review.
To be eligible for Confucius Institute Scholarship (CIS), applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: Chinese
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- General Criteria:
- Non-Chinese citizens
- Aspired to take future careers on the teaching or international promotion of Chinese language
- In good Physical and mental condition, well performed both academically and behaviorally
- Between the ages of 16-35 on September 1st, 2019. Applicants currently worked as Chinese language teachers shall not exceed the age limit of 45, while undergraduate students shall not exceed the age limit of 25.
- Scholarship special Criteria:
- Applicants shall be Bachelor degree holders.
- Applicants who are able to provide notarized document of the employment agreement or related proofs upon completing study in China are preferred.
- Have a minimum score of 210 in HSK Test (Level 5) as well as 60 in HSKK test (Intermediate Level).
How to Apply for Confucius Institute Scholarship (CIS) 2020?
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important steps to avail Confucius Institute Scholarship (CIS) 2020:
- Log on to the ECNU online application system and Confucius Institute Scholarships website to register.
- Complete the Application Form online, and upload the scanned copies of relevant supporting documents.
- Contact Recommending Institutions:
- Confucius Institutes and Confucius classrooms which have been in operation for more than six months. For more information, please refer to www.hanban.org.
- Testing centers for Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK which have the right to recommend Confucius Institute Scholarship candidates. For information, please refer to www.chinesetest.cn. (ECNU is eligible to recommend)
- Oversea organizers of Chinese Bridge Competition: education and cultural offices (groups) of China’s overseas embassies (consulates), Confucius Institute and relevant educational institutions. For further information, please consult email@example.com.
- Host institutions will review the eligibility of applicants (An interview is required for ECNU degree program applicants), and Hanban will conduct an overall assessment of all applications and admit applicants on the basis of competitive selection.
To know more about Confucius Institute Scholarship (CIS), please visit official website: