|Deadline: March 31, 2019||Institution(s): The South China University of Technology (SCUT)|
|Level of Study: Masters||Study in: South China|
Chinese Government Scholarship for Chinese University Program and Silk Road Program
The South China University of Technology (SCUT) is a leading educational institution in China. It is a public research-intensive university directly governed by the Chinese Ministry of Education. Located in the city of Guangzhou, a thriving metropolis in South China, the university today covers a total area of 391 hectares, consisting of three campuses: the Wushan Campus, the University Town Campus, and the Guangzhou International Campus.
In order to increase the cooperation and understanding between the people of China and other countries, develop outstanding international talent, SCUT will provide about 70 full scholarships for full-time postgraduate studies under the Chinese government scholarship program.
Opportunity Focus Areas:School of International Education.
- School of Architecture.
- School of Arts.
- School of Automation Science & Engineering.
- School of Biology and Biological Engineering.
- School of Business Administration.
- School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering.
- School of Civil Engineering and Transportation.
- School of Computer Science & Engineering.
- School of Design.
- School of Economics and Commerce.
- School of Electric Power.
- School of Electronic and Information Engineering.
- School of Environment and Energy.
- School of Food Science and Engineering.
- School of Foreign Languages.
- School of Journalism and Communication.
- School of Law.
- School of Light Industry and Engineering.
- School of Marxism.
- School of Materials Science and Engineering.
- School of Mathematics.
- School of Mechanical & Automotive Engineering.
- School of Medicine.
- School of Physical Education.
- School of Physics and Optoelectronics.
- School of Public Administration.
- School of Software Engineering.
- School of Biomedical Science and Engineering.
- Shien-Ming Wu School of Intelligent Engineering.
- School of Molecular Science and Engineering.
(South China Advanced Institute for Soft Matter Science and Technology)
Differs according to your program
First-round candidates will be published on the website: www.scut.edu.cn/sie/english in late May.
-Successful applicants will be shortlisted and published on the website: www.scut.edu.cn/sie/english in late July The Office of International Student Recruitment will send Admission Notices and Visa application forms (JW201) to successful applicants in early August.
– Program Start Date: Early September.
- Exempt from registration fee, tuition, and fee for accommodation.
- Monthly Living allowance:
– Master’s degree students: RMB 3,000
– Doctorate degree students: RMB 3,500
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance for International Students in China.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese national and be in good health.
- Education background and age limit:
- Applicants studying to earn a Master’s degree must have a Bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants studying to earn a Doctorate degree must have a Master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- Applicants may not be in receipt of any other types of scholarship at any universities in China.
- Register and Apply from here. Then choose “Agency No: 10561 Type Category B” to download the APPLICATION FORM FOR CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP (pdf) and Print two copies.
- Register and apply here, then submit APPLICATION FORM FOR CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP to the system.
- All the master’s or doctoral applicants should contact supervisors from professional school in SCUT via mail or interview.
- The applicants who pass the assessment by supervisors, please ask the supervisors to sign a pre-acceptance letter.Note: Regarding how to contact the supervisor, please find the information here.
- Following The Checklist of SCUT Chinese Government Scholarship Application Material to prepare your application material. Then, please deliver your paper document to the Admission Office of School of International Education, SCUT.
The Delivery Address:
Admissions Office, School of International Education, SCUT
Room 207, B1 Building, South China University of Technology, University Town Campus, Panyu District, Guangzhou. Postcode: 510006. Tel: 86-20-39381048 or 39381029 or 39382002.
(1) The Checklist of SCUT Chinese Government Scholarship Application Material.
(2) APPLICATION FORM FOR CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP.
(3) SCUT APPLICATION FORM FOR FOREIGN STUDENTS.
(4) Front Page of Passport, Visa Page.
(5) Highest diploma or Pre-graduate Certificate (original copy and notarized photocopy).
(6)Academic transcripts (original copy and notarized photocopy).
(7) A study or research plan in Chinese or in English (Chinese or English, no less than 500 words).
(8) Two recommendation letters in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors.
(9) A pre-acceptance letter of supervisor issued by SCUT professors or associate professors.
(10) The applicants of Ph.D. have to submit Abstract(s) of Graduation Thesis (es) or Published Paper(s).
(11) One cassette records for those applying to music programs. Design portfolio for those applying to architecture programs.
(12) Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
(13) Regarding Language Certificate:
Language requirements for Chinese-medium Programs:
-New HSK Band 4 with scores above 180 for Science or Engineering studies.
-New HSK Band 5 with scores above 180 for Liberal Arts, Economics, or Management Studies.
Language requirements for English-Medium Programs (only for non-English speaking countries):
-TOEFL IBT 80 or above.
-IELTS 6.0 or above.
*All documents mentioned should be in either Chinese or English.
*Translations of certificate and transcripts must be notarized.
*All documents must be true and legal.