|Deadline: October 31, 2018.||Institution(s): CAS-CONICYT|
|Level of Study: Post Doctoral||Study in: China and Chile|
CAS-CONICYT Postdoctoral Fellowship:
The China-Chile Joint Center for Astronomy (CCJCA) is a new initiative by the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) and CONICYT of Chile to promote mutual collaborations between the two countries, and is aimed to provide support for young astronomers in their early stages of research career. We open our new call for the China-CONICYT postdoc programs, and every candidates from all over the world are welcome to apply.
Fellowships are awarded in observational, theoretical, instrumentation, and / or computational astrophysics. These can be in any area of astronomical research, including observation, instrumental development, and theory, but must involve China-Chile collaboration. If those topics listed Here are not interesting or relevant to any applicants, they may establish any China-Chile collaborative research topics on their own with their two potential supervisors.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
Two to three years
2 years in Chile, and an extension of 1 year in China.
- Annual allowance: CLP $21,500,000.
- Annual travel and/or operating expenses: CLP $4,500,000.
- Annual Health Benefits: CLP $468,000.
- Relocation and accomodation costs (if applicable).
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES
To be eligible for Postdoctoral Fellowship on Astronomy for International Students in China and Chile 2018, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral programme for young researchers.
- preferential considerations will be given to those applicants with proposed research activities involving collaborations between Chinese and Chilean astronomy communities.
- Lead researcher: Researchers who obtained a doctorate degree or a document accrediting that they passed the doctorate degree comprehensive exam or its equivalent.
- Chilean host organization: This refers to universities, research centers, and scientific societies with legal entity, either public or private, that are committed to carrying out research or teaching activities in Astronomy, Astrophysics and/or related sciences, and which take part in the research proposal for the postdoctoral position.
- Sponsoring researcher: This refers to a researcher or scholar with doctoral training, who works for the Chilean host organization and directly oversees the academic implementation of the lead researcher’s project.
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important steps to avail this scholarship:
First Step: Complete the Application Platform from Here.
Second Step: Applications must include:
- A research statement.
- A support letter from the host institution in Chile signed by the Department Director and faculty sponsor.
- A copy or certificate of degree.
- Two recommendation letters.
Third Step: Submit your application.
- The applications will be received at CASSACA website and all the documents except recommendation letters should furthermore be sent in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com before the deadline of Oct. 31st.
- Further inquires about this fellowship opportunity can be addressed to Dr. Jiasheng Huang, Chief Scientist of CASSACA, Dr. Wei Wang, Deputy Director of CASSACA (firstname.lastname@example.org), and Dr. Javier Martinez from CONICYT.