|Deadline: Check Deadlines.||Institution(s): Participating academic institutions|
|Level of Study: Masters/PhD.||Study in: Asia, Australia, New Zealand|
The Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program 2020
The Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP) is open to international students who intend to pursue postgraduate studies at participating universities of Asia, New Zealand and Australia. The objective of this scholarship is to provide an opportunity for well-qualified citizens of ADB’s developing member countries. Around 300 scholarships are awarded annually. The scholarships are provided for postgraduate studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at participating academic institutions in the Asian and Pacific Region.
The ADB-JSP provides the recipient with Full tuition fees, Housing allowance, A monthly Stipend, An allowance for books and instructional materials, Travel expenses and Medical insurance. Upon completion of their study programs, scholars are expected to contribute to the economic and social development of their home countries.
ADB-JSP is offered for following postgraduate programs
- Natural resource management
- Science and technology
- Other development-related fields.
Number of Scholarships:
About 300 scholarships are awarded annually.
The ADB-JSP provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- Full tuition fees
- Housing allowance
- A monthly Stipend
- An allowance for books and instructional materials
- Travel expenses.
- Medical insurance
Following is the eligibility criteria for Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: The scholarships are open to citizens of ADB’s borrowing member countries
- A national of an ADB borrowing member country (applicants from countries that are no longer borrowing from ADB are not eligible for the ADB-JSP Scholarship).
- A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior academic record.
- Gained admission to an approved MA/PhD course at an academic institution .
- At least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application. Proficiency in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies.
- In good health.
- Not more than 35 years old at the time of application. In exceptional cases, for programs which are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years old.
- Should agree to return to his/her home country after completion of studies under the Program.
- Staff of academic institutions are not eligible for the Scholarship.
- Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management and staff of ADB, consultants, and relatives of the aforementioned are not eligible for the Scholarship.
- Applicants living or working in a country other than his/her home country are not eligible for scholarships.
- ADB-JSP does not sponsor undergraduate studies, distance learning programs, short-term training, conferences, seminars, thesis writing, and research projects.
- ADB-JSP does not support applicants who are already enrolled in graduate degree programs.
How to Apply for Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program:
- Following are the required documents:
- Completed ADB-JSP Information Sheet.
- Certificate of Employment for the duration of employment issued by the company.
- Academic documentation – both academic transcripts and degree certificates.
- Certificate of Income issued by the company.
- Copy of your Passport.
- Certificate of Family Income issued by the company. Must be either your parents or spouses annual/monthly income.
- Valid IELTS test.
- Read the application procedure here.
- You must send applications for scholarships at least six months prior to the planned time that you wish to commence studies. Please refer to the normal month of intake and deadline of application in the participating academic institutions.
To apply and know more about Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program, please visit the link below: