|Deadline: June 7, 2019||Institution(s): Annemarie Schimmel|
|Level of Study: Masters||Study in: UK|
The Annemarie Schimmel Scholarship 2020
the Annemarie Schimmel Scholarship is open for Pakistani females to pursue their higher education in UK. In recognition of Professor Annemarie Schimmel, the Annemarie Schimmel Scholarship was created to celebrate her excellent contribution to Pakistani culture and poetry and her role as a devoted female scholar. It provides an chance for a female who is committed to making a real contribution to her selected sector on her return to Pakistan to do postgraduate research in the United Kingdom.
- Selection will not be restricted to any subject.
- Preference will be given to traditional humanities or sciences and also to humanitarian fields, such as public health, special education, and ancillary medical fields, for example, physiotherapy and radiography.
- Subjects excluded are journalism, business, management, and gender/women’s studies.
- Studies in economic development, social sciences and modular courses in various disciplines will also be considered.
- The course of study can be purely academic or could involve practical training. Prospective candidates are strongly urged to acquire basic computer literacy and word processing skills.
- Candidates wishing to pursue higher learning in areas related to Annemarie Schimmel’s scholarship on Islam are encouraged to apply.
Are you interested studying in China? visit below links
The Annemarie Schimmel Scholarship 2020 provide the recipient with following benefits:
- It covers the full cost of tuition and basic living expenses.
- Candidates will have to pay for Airfare.
To qualify for The Annemarie Schimmel Scholarship 2020, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
Required Language: English
Eligible Country: Pakistani Females
- The Schimmel scholars will be chosen for their ability and commitment without discrimination as to religion, caste or creed. Candidates must have either a professional degree or they should have completed sixteen years of education in a relevant discipline.
- They must be citizens of Pakistan and have a declared intention to return and pursue a career in Pakistan.
- Those having a minimum of two-year professional work experience will be given preference.
- Candidates must bear the expenses of air travel. While not a requirement, preference will be given to those candidates who have secured admission to a program of study at a recognized institution of their choice in the United Kingdom.
- In the absence of a sufficiently qualified candidate, the scholarship committee reserves the right to make no nomination.
- There is no restriction on age, but preference will be given to candidates between the ages of 25 and 40.
- A genuine need for financial assistance is an essential condition of the scholarship. The candidates must supply adequate evidence that they would not be able to study abroad without financial assistance.
- Candidates must have cleared their IELTS exam before appearing for the final interview held in November/December of the current year.
How to Apply for Annemarie Schimmel Scholarship?
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important instructions to avail The Annemarie Schimmel Scholarship 2019:
Applications are invited up to 7th June 2019, accompanied by ALL required documents. They must be submitted once and not in parts. Online, incomplete and late applications will not be entertained. An initial short-listing will be done according to the eligibility criteria mentioned.
A written test will be held for the short-listed candidates in October 2019. The test will be conducted simultaneously in Lahore, Karachi, and Islamabad. The candidates will be able to select their center of choice in advance.
The test is general in nature, aiming to check the candidate’s aptitude and proficiency in English. It is not subject based and does not require any specific preparation.
Between five to ten candidates are selected for the final interview with the AMSS committee. The interview will be held in November/December 2019, at Lahore. The candidates are expected to bear their own travel expenses.
Please note that the selected scholar shall commence her studies in the academic year starting September 2020.
Applicants will be duly informed about the results by the coordinator.